Sound Cards / Speakers

suchuwato

Depends, my Sub doesn't add a lot of audible bass, but it does decrease the roll-off, and makes it more accurate. 75% of it depends on the room you're in when you get below 100hz (don't quote me :P)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmm, there are a lot of options lol!

those M-Audio's look nice, specially for the price, then there are the bigger versions, then the ESI speakers in the same sizes, then the Fostex PM0.5, PM1 or PM0.5 + sub lol!

Cant decide!

Decided :)

Ordered last nite, including some BX5a's and the E-MU 1212M. Cant wait! next on the list is a sub to accompany the BX5a's as the 56Hz roll-off is quite high :P:ph34r:

Got the Stuff! WOOP!! :) It is awesome! The speakers are louder, clearer, more bassy that hi-fi speakers twice the size! i couldnt believe the difference! i now need to get the old speakers in the new soundcard, to see how much difference that makes

ok, here we are

1st is the whole setup at my desk, the bottom speakers will go as soon as i can be bothered to unhook them!

dsc2497ys3.jpg

The Speakers (old under new)

dsc2498du3.jpg

The Rear Panel (taken quickly under my desk, being the idiot that i am, i didnt take pics on install)

dsc2499dn5.jpg

The Cards in the PC (the 2 below the GTS :) Perfect length to avoid the fan lol! ignore the black spot at the bottom, it is just the lens hood, i couldnt b assed movin it, i already had to change lenses :P)

dsc2501lu3.jpg

they are! i am well impressed :) the bass is surprisingly good for a small speaker, with no EQ tweaks either! I can hold off from buying a sub for a while! :P

Looks pretty good! ;)

I'd have me a NOICE audio setup if I had the space, the availability to listen to it at the volumes I desire and most importantly the money.

:(

meh...

I'm still gonna buy/build a nice headphone amp some millennia...

Edited by Andrewr05

I wish i could listen to this at the vol. i like, but the parents don't like it lol! When they go out, the neighbours must hate me, cos it is seriously loud! A 5.1 setup of these would be nice, but gettin a good soundcard with TRS out and 5.1 is hard lol!

the M-Audio's are Balanced 1/4" TRS jack, so gettin those from stereo 3.5mm is a bit annoying :P

maybe "good" was the wrong word, cant think of a better 1 tho :(