US Customs & Border Patrol

mazakman

You should have marked the package [cocaine] and it probably would have went through with no problems...

lol imagine the energy drink cocaine being exported/imported and the looks of them seeing "cocaine" printed on the side of a crapload of boxes lol. "hey whats this"

That is us Hoosiers for you. lol

That really sucks man. I guess your sausage is a threat to National Security. :wacko:

The only thing it could be a threat to is your cholesterol. :lol:

You should have marked the package [cocaine] and it probably would have went through with no problems...

:lol: No... I don't think so...

Update: I was on the phone with Fedex Last evening. The rep here in Montreal said that I had to fax them (Fedex Indiana) the ingredients of the sausages. Did that this morning, here is what I faxed them:

To D. XXXXX,

This is concerning tracking numbers: 8466 2944 XXXX & 8466 2944 XXXX (P. XXXXXX)

The ingredients of the sausages are:

100% pork with no other fillers what so ever,

Salt,

Garlic,

Pepper,

Sodium Nitrite used as a preservative.

Aromatic spices are:

Ground caraway seed and whole caraway seed,

Ground Juniper berries.

Casings used for the sausages are:

Natural pork intestine for one type and synthetic casing made from natural sources for the other 2.

I have contacted US Customs officer David XXXXXXXX but unfortunately our schedules do not overlap.

Could you please forward this document to him?

NB: These sausages are gifts for a few friends that I have in the United States. I sent the parcels from work only out of convenience. The company I work for has absolutely nothing to do with these packages in any way.

If any further information is needed please feel free to call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX ext. XXXX (work) or XXX-XXX-XXXX (home).

Thank you very much for your time.

Best regards.

They left me a message on my voice mail at work that they received the fax. The problem is that the customs officer works from 8pm to 4am. No wonder I couldn't get a hold of him.

At this point it's up to the customs officer (I hope he's in a good mood). I'll track the parcels in the morning to see if they have been let through customs.

The thing I'm worried about is what temperature the parcels are being stored... could be a problem if they are delivered on Monday. :(

PS: I left out 1 aromatic flavoring that was used for a special limited batch of sausage, beer (only made 4 or 5 kilos of this stuff that yielded 3 big sausages). I wasn't sure how they'd react to that one... :unsure:

Dang! Nobody was home. :(

Quote:

Customer not available or business closed - Signature required

End quote.

I thought that at least the wives would be at home to receive the parcels. In this day and age all have to make a contribution to make ends meet. :wacko:

I thought that at least the wives would be at home to receive the parcels.
What are those?

Are those them wimin I heard about?

That sucks though, did you request them to require a signature?

You'd think that after all the hassle they would be fed up handling the damn things...

Edited by Andrewr05

No, I didn't ask for a signature. I guess that after the "HELL" that they put me through, they figured that they should go all the way and have someone sign for the package at destination... I can live with that. Yes they could have left them at the door...

The recipients should consider that it's one more day without refrigeration for the sausages though...

Edited by mazakman

No, I didn't ask for a signature. I guess that after the "HELL" that they put me through, they figured that they should go all the way and have someone sign for the package at destination... I can live with that. Yes they could have left them at the door...

The recipients should consider that it's one more day without refrigeration for the sausages though...

And given how hellish the weather here in indy has been(80F+ IN OCTOBER) those sausages would have turned into biological weapons...well, not like they'll fare any better in the back of a fedex truck, sadly. :(

Yikes! Just what I was afraid of... I hate to say this but maybe they should feed some to a neighbour's dog that they don't like and wait for a reaction... :unsure: Not implying that I in anyway made dogfood, but my neighbor's dog goes crazy when she comes in the house!

I'm wondering how well the vacuum seal comes into play at a time like this? :unsure: