I'm new at photoshop...

0Ni

Can anybody teach me the basics?

Thanks for your help, in advance.

~0Ni.

If you have CS3 there are some nice videos to explain the basics on Adobe's Website :)

A lot of that stuff should apply to older versions as well.

Edited by jammin

talk about an open ended question :blink:

wait you are a female right? then it makes sense :bah: j/k j/k :P

I've found that tutorialized.com is a great website, as gunak87 suggested

I've learned a lot just by browsing the Photoshop tutorials at tutorialized.com.

I jumped into PS on my own and I learned the same way. Just open up a nice big picture (I like pictures of president bush :P They are plentiful and usually big) and fool around with all of the tools and see what they do. Do some basic tutorials and sooner or later you will find yourself editing pictures with no trouble at all.

Hm. I have CS2. And being a girl has nothing to do with it. >_<

Thanks! I'll just look over that website and take it from there.. If I still have trouble, you'll probably hear from me again. ^^;

Thx again.

---0Ni---

Oh, well I've only been using photoshop for a short time and when I started I kind of just rushed into things. I saw what great things you can create with photoshop and I thought "Omg I wanna do that ><" and so I just kinda skipped over all of the basics... So, I don't really know any of the basics... or what most of the tools do. <_<

Like, I know what the magic wand, lassos, shapes, brushes and like.. the basic-basic tools do. But I don't really know any of the filters and stuff. Or adjustments. ... I'm so clueless. u_u

---0Ni---

it takes a while to learn everything in Photoshop... because there's just so much it can do... I've been using it since version 4 (it came on five floppy disks about 12 years ago lol) and I only just recently know how everything works

the Tutorialised site mentioned above is a great starting point, and the rest you can pick up as you go along :)

photoshop 9 is cs2

from what i remeber it goes:

first few...than..

photoshop 5.5

photoshop 6

photoshop 7

photoshop 8 (CS)

photoshop 9 (CS2)

photoshop 10 (CS3)