OCC Christmas Contest

Bosco

If you don't want to take the effort to find these answers, that's fine, but other people, including brand new members, don't seem to have problems finding these answers, or at least taking the time to do so.

Yeah, we could have just said, "Email us your forum name to be automatically entered into the contest" with absolutely no questions, and your chances of winning would be 1 in 40,000. Now at least the chances will be smaller if you take the time to answer correctly.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll stick around to see who wins.

I know it won't be me. Waste of my time.

Instead of spending days looking for these answers I could spend time working to purchase one.

What a joke.

Why not ask "What is the pants size of the first web programmer"

Or what is "Michelle's maiden name" or better yet what is "Spongebob's last episode"

or "Which one was the last character of the Cabbage Patch Kids created"

This is funny.

If you feel that finding these answers will take you "days", then perhaps it will be best for you to bow out. Maybe you can search the internet for a site that gives away full PCs for simply submitting your name, or maybe one that will even submit your name for you automatically so you don't have to waste your time. In the meantime, the staff here at OCC have created a contest to both reward our members and get them more involved, and so far people seem to be enjoying it.

If you've decided it's not worth your time, then perhaps that's best for everyone, but please keep your whining and negativity to yourself.

If you've decided it's not worth your time, then perhaps that's best for everyone, but please keep your whining and negativity to yourself.

Agreed, I mean no one is making you participate and the requirements are not going to change mid contest. It always amazes me when people complain about requirements for giveaways...sheesh.

A little bit of effort? LOL. ( Like I don't know this word)

I have 3 kids and two full time jobs...you want me to have a little effort? Funny.

I fail to see how that correlates to anything?
tell you the truth it will take me sometime and by the time I am done I'll be tired as hell to even remember to post my answers...
Just write them in a word document as you find them or in your email and save it as a draft until you're done...
I'll stick around to see who wins.

I know it won't be me. Waste of my time.

Wast of your time?

You know OCC is giving out hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of computer equipment and you expect to WALTZ in here and be able to answer all of this stuff instantly?

You talk about effort yet you "seem" to have applied NONE to this contest...

Instead of spending days looking for these answers I could spend time working to purchase one.

What a joke.

:lol: I suppose this is a big joke, APRIL FOOLS everyone, you just got set up for the earliest April Fools joke in existence... <_<

There are plenty of contests from different places that require less effort, go do one of those if you can't handle a search box and a bit of patience...

Why not ask "What is the pants size of the first web programmer"

Or what is "Michelle's maiden name" or better yet what is "Spongebob's last episode"

or "Which one was the last character of the Cabbage Patch Kids created"

This an OCC competition, the questions are about relevant things...

Answer these questions and you get a cookie:

What type of animal is Big Bird?

What color is Elmo?

What does Oscar the Grouch live in?

Those seem more fitting for a contest giving away 3 ENTIRE computer systems I guess... :closedeyes:

I like how the questions arent 1+1. It gives members who have been here for a while a chance, along with committed new members. If the questions were 1+1=? the whole internet could take part... and Im sure the OCC staff doesnt just want to give all of this expensive stuff away to anyone with the internet.

I happen to stumble into your site by accident.

I saw a giveaway and I signed in...no problems.

Then I saw the prerequisites...and I laughed.

I mean...I wouldn't have mind 5 questions...but 30 is over the top.

But you said the magic word...you want to keep the entry as low as possible this is the best way to do it.

It's your choice what you want to give away...other sites just give a powersupply or a nice video card.

All they want you to do is post new messages till you reach a certain amount. Others let you in for free.

You in the other hand have to ask a gazillion questions....which is fine.

Noticing that you have thousands of subscribers on your site, I don't blame you.

I apoligize if I said anything wrong or anything to inflict "negativity" into new comers.

We all have our opinions and this was mine.

I happen to stumble into your site by accident.

I saw a giveaway and I signed in...no problems.

Then I saw the prerequisites...and I laughed.

I mean...I wouldn't have mind 5 questions...but 30 is over the top.

But you said the magic word...you want to keep the entry as low as possible this is the best way to do it.

It's your choice what you want to give away...other sites just give a powersupply or a nice video card.

All they want you to do is post new messages till you reach a certain amount. Others let you in for free.

You in the other hand have to ask a gazillion questions....which is fine.

Noticing that you have thousands of subscribers on your site, I don't blame you.

I apoligize if I said anything wrong or anything to inflict "negativity" into new comers.

We all have our opinions and this was mine.

So you joined only for the contest? I'd say these questions are perfectly designed to let the systems fall into the hands of either longtime members or VERY dedicated n00bs. I see zero problems with that arrangement.

Plain and simple if you can't enter then don't but don't complain about it. I have seen many instances in forum contests where people complain because they can't enter or don't have a chance.

Contest come and go all the time and not every contest is tailored to everyone.

I don't know why some people are looking for some hints as the questions are quite clear.

Edited by werty316

Guest Raven65

Funny,

There are many noobs who have sent in submissions to the questions on a weekly basis, and ya know something, they are doing better than some long time members. Why?

Because they are taking time to find the Answers. Not going on what people might have boasted.

Just so everyone knows if no one gets all the answers correct, then the ones who had the least wrong will be in the running and so on.

Yes we are giving away 3 systems, and no we are not going to make it easy.