PSU List

You are precisely right.

The completed list will include pretty much the exact power supplies which are on this list.

Any list that relies on anything but primary evidence is going to be very similar.

I want to get the best list I can into a stickied topic, regardless of who the author or the sources are.

So I this point I will make a suggestion -

Lets get a few members together into an ad-hoc team and focus our efforts on getting one list together that we can put into an official sticky.

That way we can discuss what we feel is the best format for it etc. and really create something which we can call our own.

Having more than one thread doing essentially the same job will be confusing for everyone.

Sound like a good idea?

If possible, it would be a lot easier to have a list that has open editing permissions, that way a bunch of people can work on it instead of sending information to a signle person to update, as that does become a lot of work...

If possible, it would be a lot easier to have a list that has open editing permissions, that way a bunch of people can work on it instead of sending information to a signle person to update, as that does become a lot of work...

http://docs.google.com/

you could have a bunch of people collaborate there... but it's not possible to have that here

Either way, if we can set it up in a way that works nicely who would be up for working in a small team on this?

I know we have a few members here with some interest in the area.

Oh then he will agree with it :) He might be undecided on a few as he personally hasnt played with them, nor has someone with an active load tester... but for the most part, he will.

Teir2:

OCZ ProXStream : FSP

Xclio Stable power (greater power's predecesor) : Enhance

Coolermaster Real power Pro : Enhance

Teir3:

Antec Earthwatt : Seasonic

Ultra Xfinity w/ APFC : Wintech

Ultra X Pro : Andyson

Nmedia Mp : Not sure

Sytrin/ nextherm SevenTeam

Rosewill RP : Not sure, check Jonny Guru's site, thats where I heard of this

Be Quiet! (yeah yeah dumb name ) : Top Power

It's really weird here. If you look at my reviews on the X-pro 800 and X-finity 800, they are exactly the same, both are produced by Andyson, top notch, but the X-Finity is listed as Teir 4 while the X-Pro is good

You just can't give a rating to a general series, just not possible. It'd be like giving a rating to the entire A64 series, but we all know that there are some of big differences (Cores, cache sizes, revisions, sockets). IMO this has to be a little more specific

Edited by The Unforgivin

I didn't exactly agree with the placement of the xfinity either, but I never got a chance to play with the higher end models - I only had a ahcne to play with the 500W APFC one which I know is identical to the 500W non PFC except for the adition of a simple APFC 'module' which is made by I believe baron power.

Generally, I dont agree with the overall perception of Ultra, its true they carved out a . name for themselves with the xconnect and yongyear, but recently they have really been pushing out excellent power supplies. Besides their V series, their current power supplies are top knotch, and come for a much cheaper price than more.. I guess popular antec and enermax's which honestly fail much more often than lesser known brands than Ultra, but I guess one could argue the quantity of Antec/ Enermax's sold vs brands like Ultra.

I guess we can't really make a proper assesment as we dont have all the numbers nor do we have the means to test them, but such a PSU list is only intended as a suggestion list

• 2 weeks later...