Windows smp client released

spazmire11

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Installed Vista and the client won't run even after trying the few fixes they suggest so back to Linux

(EDIT) My bad the stupid user account mangement thingy in Vista was enabled and was refusing connection with many things...solution turn this feature off immediately in Vista

I installed it here at the office on a Amd X2 3800 and can not get a WU I guess the server is down or overloaded. About ready to put it back to 2 versions of 5.04

Edited by road-runner

yea, Ubuntu and GPU Client is where its at for me right now, the only thing that is probably helpful with the Windows client is that the GPU client gets more of the CPU power. Ahh well, lets see what happens with this thing when it's final... until them, VMware it is!

well im downloading the program right now so hopefully it will work out for me ;)

ok downloaded...ran into my first problem...how am i supposed to uninstall the command version of F@H when it is installed as a service?

got the services uninstalled (safe mode, delete folders...bam done...)

this may be more than i was looking for though, im running w2k server and well i was only on sp2, i dont have .net framework installed because that requires the M$ windows installer 3.0, which to download requires the windows genuine thing, which for that to be downloaded i need to have at least sp3...my god, more than i wanted to worry about but its for the greater good...:foldon:

The way I uninstalled the service was to go in the control panel>administrative tools>services and stopped the service on both F@H and then created a short cut on both to the desktop and used the -config flag and when it got to remove service typed yes and went through the options and it uninstalls it then close and delete the files or delete the short cuts and leave it there in case I need it later. :foldon:

yeah now the comp is companing about some services were unable to start...couldnt find a .lnk file...all this crap lol might just have to reformat, since its a F@H rig only :)

what was this i read on the first page about a password?

What's everyone getting in times with the 2651?

Opty 165 @ 2.5 was getting ~21min/% yesterday when it was one one of thoes, idk about the other systems that have run them, I havent been monitoring them THAT close, even so the Linux client certainly seems to be faster (Possibly because of the 64-bit nature of the client)

The 2610 it's on now seems to be ~25min, but this being my server and with varrying load I would assume a dedicated sytem would be 1-3mins faster at the same clocks.