Windows smp client released

spazmire11

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I personalyl havent seen massive changes in speed from VMware WHEN IT WORKS, however i have had it just randomly stop doing anything, fah process running, 56% done, yet 1% CPU usage, go look, no core running, no error, no nothing. Then one other time i closed the client to play COH on my secondary rig (that only has 1GB of ram atm) and after having things seem a bit slow discovered that while fah.exe wasnt running anymore, the core processes were (and eating mem while they were at it). I think ill leave the server running these because of the ease using remote desktop, but after thinking it was a strange occurance that may have been machine related earlier and deciding to give it a try, i think Linux will be my choice for most of my SMP folding. That is until they get this beta a little closer to release.

Well, after completely WASTING two full days on this client, I am proud to say I'm back in VMware once again. I was having all kinds of problems initially, but even once I ironed all of them out, I ended up with frame times that were in excess of 2 hours per frame!!! I had to back my OC way down just to get it to even think about starting any kind of work, then to be slapped in the face with 2:20:XX tpf? I'll wait until this matures a little bit. I like Linux for now.

My only problem has been the slow-ness of the client. I hope teh future releases with improve things.

I plan to keep the client installed because running vmware involves too much user intervention when starting up and shutting down folding. also monitoring (em/fahmon) with samba is an issue. Adding more pentium-d rigs could compensate for the loss of ppd easily.

Well, after completely WASTING two full days on this client, I am proud to say I'm back in VMware once again. I was having all kinds of problems initially, but even once I ironed all of them out, I ended up with frame times that were in excess of 2 hours per frame!!! I had to back my OC way down just to get it to even think about starting any kind of work, then to be slapped in the face with 2:20:XX tpf? I'll wait until this matures a little bit. I like Linux for now.

:withstupid: Turned in the 2652 a little bit ago and just got through installing the newest version of Vmware and Ubuntu again and just got a WU :foldon:

My 3.0E turned in the 2652 today about a half a day ahead of the 3 day deadline. Anything above 3ghz HT will do the 2652 and the 2651 with a day to a half a day before the deadline. The 2610 are not going to make it. There going to be about a day late.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner