Windows smp client released

spazmire11

halogammer did the setting of it up for me, however it didnt want to connect at first, the servers were down...then when it started to work, it was going to take too long on my AMP 1200+ processors, so console version is going to work better :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Running a X2 5200+...should I install the SMP Client or set up the regular F@H client for both cores? Which will have the best results? And is the SMP Client stable, despite being beta? (stability is important because this is my work computer, not home)

SMP definetly, but I dunno bout the Windows SMP client. What kind of work do you do, cause if you run the Linux SMP in VMware (best of the best), it won't slow down when you need extra processor resources. The Windows SMP should still be better than dual instances still.

Running a X2 5200+...should I install the SMP Client or set up the regular F@H client for both cores? Which will have the best results? And is the SMP Client stable, despite being beta? (stability is important because this is my work computer, not home)

If your concerned about Points, as how most F@H stats are taken, then the SMP Client would be better..

Now if your more concerned about gettings alot of WU's done reguardless of the amount of points they are worth then you should have two instances of the regular console version. ( I think, Depends on the Proc I guess.)

As for stability, its always stable at stock speeds. Only some people like me, have problems with High OCs.

For example I am currently testing 3.294 Ghz for SMP Stability. Ill let it run for two days or so and if SMP has no problems then Ill try to move up.

I had to start over when SMP would NOT run stable at 3.41 GHz.

Edit: On the 2610 WU's I get about 12 Minutes and 30 seconds a Percent when I am not using computer.

Definitely install SMP if you want more points per day. As far as work units I think the SMP gets a lot more done in one WU than the old clients. Theres a reason they came out with SMP and you can believe it was not to just give us more points. I promise you that!

Linux SMP

Project : 2604

Core : Gromacs SMP

Frames : 100

Credit : 1760

-- E6400 --

Min. Time / Frame : 12mn 40s - 2000.84 ppd

Avg. Time / Frame : 12mn 40s - 2000.84 ppd

-- Pentium D 920 --

Min. Time / Frame : 21mn 02s - 1204.94 ppd

Avg. Time / Frame : 21mn 09s - 1198.30 ppd

-- E6300 --