Razer Deathadder

kurosen

I have a Razor Diamondback, its been going top for over 1 year now, and I NEVER use the side buttons. I meen what for? Mouse buttons + scroll wheel click = enough for me!

Web browsing and directory browsing mostly. Just easier than dragging my mouse to the top to hit back and forward :P.

side mouse buttons make VERY nice buttons in games... often i use the front one for flashlight (come on, you can NOT deny this is cool to be able to use your SPARE thumb for the flashlight) and the back button for like bullet-time or something, again very cool...

in UT i have them pipe-mapped to front one AVRIL/rocket-launcher/link-gun, and back one, chaingun/flak/grenade-launcher...

if you can't think of a use for them in games, you can't be playing games properly...

i *used* to think the MS Intellimouse Explorer 3 (also 5-button like my MX518) was good for gaming until i tried out some logitechs and razers, and the difference is i guess subtle at first, then just totally mindblowing once you own one... it's so much more accurate and smooth... to even consider a mouse not tracking is a moot point... if it doesn't track, it's a BALL mouse rofl... or you are an idiot and have a mirror as a mousemat or something...

Well, I thought 3 buttons was enough too before I got the MX518. But now I love the dual-thumb buttons, and when I'm at work I find myself pushing the side of the mouse all the time to no effect :(

:withstupid:

I do that a lot on the computers at the computer labs. It's so annoying to use either Alt+arrow or move the mouse to the corner and hit the buttons, especially after years of using a MX510 :(

Well that's just it. The percentage of lefties may not justify its production. Hell, I even know a lefty that uses his right hand for the mouse (he's been doing it for years, and yes he games).

Would his name happen to be Vasto? Yes, I'm a lefty. Yes, I used my right hand for the mouse (picked up that habit back in the MS DOS gaming days. Dig Dug and Test Drive FTW). Not all lefties exclusively use thier left. I prefer to kick soccer balls with my right foot, I throw balls with my right, I just write with my left.

Web browsing and directory browsing mostly. Just easier than dragging my mouse to the top to hit back and forward :P.

Its called opera mouse gestures. I never use the side buttons on my MX1000 (except in counterstrike in which I have each of the three side mapped to Knife, Pistol, Gun.

Edited by Vasto