Razer Deathadder

kurosen

Well guys, deathloomsnear.com has finally spilled it's secret. The next Razer product is called the Deathadder... It doesn't look like it's bringing anything new to the table except for the fact that it's made specifically for righty's which is a total turn off for me already :P

Feel free to voice your opinions...

http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gaming-M...r-Gaming-Mouse/

That looks pretty cool, but I'm starting to wonder how much of these new high-res mice is just overkill. My Logitech 510 does everything I need it to do flawlessly and it's going on 4 years old now. But alas, someday it'll break and I'll look at something like this :P

On a side note, whoever designed that page that the link goes to needs a good kick to the neck. Picks of a black mouse on a solid black background..... that's helpful.

hehehe and the fact that the 3d view isn't controllable doesn't help matters. regardless, I am quite happy with my razer chameleon diamondback since it's comfy for a lefty like me to use buttons made for my thumb:p

totally off topic to a bit of personal happiness: now that I have a nice healthy gig of RAM, I think I'm finally satisfied with my system specs... old as they may be, it still performs VERY well :)

hehehe and the fact that the 3d view isn't controllable doesn't help matters. regardless, I am quite happy with my razer chameleon diamondback since it's comfy for a lefty like me to use buttons made for my thumb:p

totally off topic to a bit of personal happiness: now that I have a nice healthy gig of RAM, I think I'm finally satisfied with my system specs... old as they may be, it still performs VERY well :)

Move the little scrollbar at top and it'll turn...It's not custom 360, but at least it's something.

As for the black background, well that's just the theme of their whole site...changing that for one page would look out of place.

I don't think it looks as cool as my MX518 or the G5, but the thumb buttons are larger so that may be better in gaming. I love the thumb buttons on my MX518, but I haven't gotten used to them in a game...I just use them all the time in web browsing and such. But I must agree with you, Verran, there seems to be an over-abundance of mice these days, but how often does the average person (even a gamer) replace their mice??

but how often does the average person (even a gamer) replace their mice??

every time we lose our temper and break the one we are using maybe:P

like when i slammed my diamond back for whatever reason so i hd to replace it cause it went wonky on me :angry2:

But I must agree with you, Verran, there seems to be an over-abundance of mice these days, but how often does the average person (even a gamer) replace their mice??

Yeah, that's exactly what I'm thinking! I mean you'll see people replace their video card(s) twice a year, and buy a new chip everytime they come out, but it just doesn't seem like there's that big of a market demand for new mice. I mean I guess if you're spending $1200 a year keeping your video cards at the bleeding edge, what's another $70 for a flashier mouse? But are there really people out there thinking "man, 1600dpi just isn't enough for me!"?

i suppose the average joe dip-stick might replace his every time a new one comes out - much like a lot of other products that SOME people feel obliged to replace all the time...

but perhaps they might make a lefty-version? after all, i can't see how hard it can be to switch the stuff around...just costly i would imagine :(

...just costly i would imagine :(

Well that's just it. The percentage of lefties may not justify its production. Hell, I even know a lefty that uses his right hand for the mouse (he's been doing it for years, and yes he games).

Well that's just it. The percentage of lefties may not justify its production. Hell, I even know a lefty that uses his right hand for the mouse (he's been doing it for years, and yes he games).

to be perfectly honest, i think the majority of left-handers DO use their right hand - I know quite a few and they all use their right hand

That looks pretty cool, but I'm starting to wonder how much of these new high-res mice is just overkill. My Logitech 510 does everything I need it to do flawlessly and it's going on 4 years old now. But alas, someday it'll break and I'll look at something like this :P

On a side note, whoever designed that page that the link goes to needs a good kick to the neck. Picks of a black mouse on a solid black background..... that's helpful.

hopefully this will be a step up from what they had in the past, as well as that garbage logitec seems to be calling Mice.

I am yet to find a mouse better than my Microsoft 3 button - i have NO tracking issues, or other issues with it (and im a hardcore gamer) i never get pissed because my mouse isent tracking.

ms3bo.jpg

Edited by Uber

I am yet to find a mouse better than my Logitec 3 button - i have NO tracking issues, or other issues with it (and im a hardcore gamer) i never get pissed because my mouse isent tracking.

ms3bo.jpg

Uh, you said you have a 3 button Logitech and then you post a pic of an MS mouse? :blink:

Well, I thought 3 buttons was enough too before I got the MX518. But now I love the dual-thumb buttons, and when I'm at work I find myself pushing the side of the mouse all the time to no effect :(