Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

How are the prime95 24hr rankings determined? Also, I have a wprime screen... I know its not official for this thread but its still cool to see :D

Edit: In the interest of full disclosure, thats a load voltage in CPUz... I forgot to disable the speedstepping so i ran p95 in the background to get it to clock up for the screenie

Edited by ebarone

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, everything should be up to date again from this point on. As always, please check your recently submitted entries and yell at me if I screwed them up. I copy and paste new entries from old and there's plenty of room for error :P

DLS2008 and Post# 1471 ...

I don't think I can count that, sorry. Talk to king if you think he'd disagree (it's his list, his problem! :P) but I'm going to go by the rules on this one.

KingFisher and Post# 1497 ...

I can't count that either because you didn't stop it to show the run-time and most of the P95 window is covered anyways. Sorry.

OK, everything should be up to date again from this point on. As always, please check your recently submitted entries and yell at me if I screwed them up. I copy and paste new entries from old and there's plenty of room for error :P

I don't think I can count that, sorry. Talk to king if you think he'd disagree (it's his list, his problem! :P) but I'm going to go by the rules on this one.

I can't count that either because you didn't stop it to show the run-time and most of the P95 window is covered anyways. Sorry.

Ha, well I was told not to stop it, whatever.

Ha, well I was told not to stop it, whatever.

I'm not sure who told you that or why but stopping it is what gets it to dump the total run-time to the screen. Your screenshot doesn't show a run-time so I can't verify that it ran for any specific amount of time.

Maybe someone thought if you stopped it it would look like it failed but that's certainly not the case. The message you get when you stop it voluntarily is much different from the message you get when it fails.

U can see in the main thread window when the test had started and in the core# windows when each thread had been running until. I don't see a problem there. Maybe u just suck @ maths :shrug:

I'm not sure who told you that or why but stopping it is what gets it to dump the total run-time to the screen. Your screenshot doesn't show a run-time so I can't verify that it ran for any specific amount of time.

Maybe someone thought if you stopped it it would look like it failed but that's certainly not the case. The message you get when you stop it voluntarily is much different from the message you get when it fails.

I don't really give a crap bud, no worries.

U can see in the main thread window when the test had started and in the core# windows when each thread had been running until. I don't see a problem there. Maybe u just suck @ maths :shrug:

Oh! You're right. I didn't realize the main window said the start time. That's absolutely my bad King, I'm sorry. I've just never seen it submitted that way. I'll add your score.

Whatever, I'll just do it again. It's no big deal, I understand because it can't be seen how long it ran for sure.

I do recall Frank saying it had to be running somewhere in this thread...

I have never seen it submitted that way so that's why I made my mistake. I have always seen people stop it so that it says exactly how long it ran for. I can't think of any good reason for requiring it to still be running in the screenshot. If anyone else can, I'd be curious to hear it.

Also, I know that kingding has accepted plenty of entries that are stopped, so I know that's not a requirement here. You can submit it either way and now I know to look at the main window if it's not stopped but personally I'd prefer it was stopped so it clearly says how long it ran and there's no math or second guessing at all.