Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If your machine can't game and run Prime/Orthos blend at the same time, then there's something wrong and it's not stable anyway.

Stop making excuses and get with it peeps :D

Got to get my water cooling on the i7, maybe I can get a 24 hr run in afterwords...

Anyone got the issue in vista where it crashes at loop 11 doing the 32m test???

You said "The" issue. As far as i'm aware there is no particular issue with the 32m test and Vista (apart from being slower than XP).

You probably need to tweak your clock a bit more.

Yes!! I finally figured that out yesterday, I thought it was a 64 bit incompatibility but it turns out Vista itself is incompatible with SuperPi. It has to do with the audio service in Vista, but there is a workaround: HyperPi! Its a front-end for SuperPi, much like Orthos is a front-end for Prime95. Its great because not only will it solve the Vista incompatibility, but it also easily allows multiple instances of SuperPi to run on the different cores of your machine. You can even set the process affinity (I always set to Realtime).

Before, I couldnt run 32M of SuperPi. I can now with HyperPi, screenshots will be up when I go home from work. Good luck!

Edit: Links to HyperPi may be useful in the opening post of this thread or in a benchmark software sticky or something, incase other Vista users are having the same problems. I only stumbled by the solution by accident, I would still be under the impression my OC was unstable if I hadnt.

Edited by ebarone

Yes!! I finally figured that out yesterday, I thought it was a 64 bit incompatibility but it turns out Vista itself is incompatible with SuperPi. It has to do with the audio service in Vista, but there is a workaround: HyperPi! Its a front-end for SuperPi, much like Orthos is a front-end for Prime95. Its great because not only will it solve the Vista incompatibility, but it also easily allows multiple instances of SuperPi to run on the different cores of your machine. You can even set the process affinity (I always set to Realtime).

Before, I couldnt run 32M of SuperPi. I can now with HyperPi, screenshots will be up when I go home from work. Good luck!

Edit: Links to HyperPi may be useful in the opening post of this thread or in a benchmark software sticky or something, incase other Vista users are having the same problems. I only stumbled by the solution by accident, I would still be under the impression my OC was unstable if I hadnt.

I've always disabled audio in the bios before starting any benching run. That would certainly be the reason i have never had the problem.

If you are benching for HWbot, then HyperPi would'nt be allowed. So incase you get a really good run, it would be worthwhile just disabling audio and run the normal Pi.

Hi roadrunner! Bye roadrunner! :lol:

We really need a wprime section for this thread, wprime is fun.

superpi-1.jpg

Here's a wprime just for the hell of it.

record.jpg

Man, now I have to find the time to do that... And probably won't be able to do that on air....