Socket 775 Oc Competition Thread

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

alrighty, edited :) if it locks on ya running 2 at one time, you know its unstable :P

This board is unstable period, I changed PSU this morning to 500 watt, took the Northbridge off and put AS5 and added a fan to it. This onboard video kills it. OC through bios 318 X 9 thats it.

Edited by road-runner

Alright i have a P5B Delux, as well as an intel Bad Axe 2 ordered and on the way, next step is Ram.

I have been out of the OCing loop for a while and havent been paying mutch attention to RAM so can someone reccomend me some nice stuff, im looking for killer Ram here.

Alright i have a P5B Delux, as well as an intel Bad Axe 2 ordered and on the way, next step is Ram.

I have been out of the OCing loop for a while and havent been paying mutch attention to RAM so can someone reccomend me some nice stuff, im looking for killer Ram here.

G.Skill DDR2 800 HZ, have micron D9s in them which should enable them to hit 1.1ghz stable @4-4-4-15, maybe even more. Don't get the HZ 1000s, as they are the same sticks

My Ballistix have the same chips (Micron D9s again) and have hit 1.1ghz stable w/o a problem

road-runner, why don't you try running a PCI or PCI-e card in that rig and see if it OCs any further! I have NO problem whatsoever with my DS4, but that doesn't compare for many reasons.

I have one in it, I already went and bought a PCIE X-1300 in it to try. I am about ready to take the cpu out and put it in my ECS board it seems to be better than this one. I am not the only one if you search google on a GA-965G-DS3 its the extra stuff in the board for onboard video that kills it even if you have a PCIE card and the onboard disabled.

Edit: Ecs board does not support the conroe only Pent. D and other 775 cpus.

Edited by road-runner

did you try another board, possible RMA? Flash to newer BIOS' for example, like the BETA F8, the F7 is doing pretty well for me, but I have yet to try the F8

F6 is the most recent for this board this is a different board and yes I have F6 another board of the same # is going to do the same thing according to everything I read I just bought the wrong board. I have to get a different board and put the pentuim 915 back on this one.

Edit: here is what is says on NewEgg about it. This board can not be seen as a overclocking board. I have had difficulty gettig a FSB of 300 and it never has passed 319. I have tweaked my memory to run at 4-4-4-12, but decided to leave the CPU well enough alone.

I am stuck at 318 it will not boot at 319 even at 1.45 volts but it will boot at 318 on stock vcore and any other setting just do not try 319 or higher

If you're buying this board to overclock, it's not a good idea! You are probably thinking exactly what I was when I ordered it. "Same price as the 965P but with onboard video, score!" WRONG. The 965G is a different chipset, and this board is nowhere near as effective at overclocking. I cannot get anywhere past 310 clock speed using this board on an e6300 and G-skill DDR2-6400, Zalman 9500 and using a Vcore of 1.38, Ram timings at 5-5-5-18. Save yourself the headache and just buy the 965P for god's sake! From all I've read on this and other forums regarding the 965P, clock speeds of 400 is cake with an aftermarket cooler. So here I sit with an e6300 running at 2.17, woopty doo.

Finally better: Hi all, I am a 965G-DS3 user from Hong Kong, we have also the same problem, anyone who are using S-ATA port 0(Intel one) can't o/c over FSB 310, if use port 4(the gigabyte one) then can overclock to about 330 but no more

Found this and changed the SATA cable and its working so far will let you know how high I can go. :thumbs-up:

Edited by road-runner

Got it to go to 3077 in the bios but it still will not restart, I have to trick the bios and cut the power switch off right after saving the bios and boot back up. I have got to get a different board <_< My dad has a GA-965P-DS3 <_< maybe I can trade him. I will just make this one a folder with the 915 and get a new one. Well here is SuperPi 32.

superpi32hl4.jpg

Edited by road-runner

try swapping, I'll just take a wild guess that your dad doesn't overclock? the DS4 is the same chipset as yours though correct?

I also edited the front page, basically making it 24 hours of Prime95/Orthos now, as it is somewhat of a better torture test, 24 hours of hardcore CPU usage is better than only 14 ;)

also, would it make it easier for people if I added links where you can download Orthos/Dual-Core OCCT/SuperPI 1.5 from?

try swapping, I'll just take a wild guess that your dad doesn't overclock? the DS4 is the same chipset as yours though correct?

I also edited the front page, basically making it 24 hours of Prime95/Orthos now, as it is somewhat of a better torture test, 24 hours of hardcore CPU usage is better than only 14 ;)

also, would it make it easier for people if I added links where you can download Orthos/Dual-Core OCCT/SuperPI 1.5 from?

Yes it would I think you should add links myself.