Side Panel Mod

I have a Lian Li V1000 with both the standard solid aluminum side panel and the factory window panel. I have discvered that by adding a couple of 120mm intake fans to the side panel my temps drop substantially (CPU drops 6C, NB drops 8C and my GPU's drop 12C). I checked this by making a cardboard side panel with the fans taped to it.

Now to my plan. The winow panel will not accomodate 2 fans unless I mount one of them in the acrylic, which I don't want to do so I have made this layout for the solid panel which will allow both fans plus some windw area.

I would welcome comments or suggestions before I break out the power tools.

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/expatbb/album/...8803471727803/5

Good design but i would sugjest doing it just opposit. Fan in the bottom left corner.

:withstupid:

Putting it in the top right corner will do nothing for you, unless you happen to have something against warm discs after burning them :P

Stick the other fan in the lower left corner to increase the amount of cool air going to the graphics card.

Quick question though. What does your exhaust look like?

Come on guys, about 15 seconds of research reveals that the PC-V1000 is reverse ATX, so the video card is in the upper right-hand corner. :P

I like the design! I look forward to seeing pictures of the finished product.

• 3 weeks later...

I agree with Bishop245.....your design for a side panel looks very good but installing the fans in the window would be a lot easier, would work just as well and would look good if done correctly B:)