Finally Got To Mod My Hemi

cdoggown

Sweeet . filter. Your First car is a charger.. lucky you man! Yea Once you get a exhasut , the car would sound twice as mean.

You mis-read. This is like my 7th car. Just the first that was worthy of putting money into for performance.

First - 1990 Chevy Lumina Z34

2. 1970 Caddy Deville

3. 1991 Buick Regal Custom

4. 1991 Caddy Eldorado

5. 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

6. 1997 Caddy STS

7. 2006 Charger R/T

8. 2000 Durango SLT (wife's rig, but I bought it grrrrr)

Also Im not going to do a full exhaust, just gonna get rid of the resonators and weld on some new pipes and tips. The problem with the Charger's sound is with anew exhaust or Cat back system, the drone when the car goes into MDS mode is unbearable. With just the pipes and tips this is much less noticeable.

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You mis-read. This is like my 7th car. Just the first that was worthy of putting money into for performance.

First - 1990 Chevy Lumina Z34

2. 1970 Caddy Deville

3. 1991 Buick Regal Custom

4. 1991 Caddy Eldorado

5. 2000 Pontiac Grand Am

6. 1997 Caddy STS

7. 2006 Charger R/T

8. 2000 Durango SLT (wife's rig, but I bought it grrrrr)

Also Im not going to do a full exhaust, just gonna get rid of the resonators and weld on some new pipes and tips. The problem with the Charger's sound is with anew exhaust or Cat back system, the drone when the car goes into MDS mode is unbearable. With just the pipes and tips this is much less noticeable.

Nice, save the cash from the ram air it really isnt worth it. The gains arent measurable until 40+ mph, and before then its just a normal cai. Something to consider before spending an extra 600 bucks for no performance difference. The sound of a big engine breathing in is almost as nice as one breathing out :lol:

I know what you mean about drone - my car drones like hell...but my exhaust is dumped right about under the rear seats :D . When you gonna take her to the track!? Chargers are fat lil bastards but that hemi sure does push them nicely :lol:

Are you doing just a CAI or are you going to get a RAM AIR setup using a hood scoop? I was debating between the two and decided on the CAI only because a new hood is $700 not counting paint... someday maybe.

Just going with the cold air induction kit. I'm have the same problem with the cost of the hood and paint work being more than i care to spend.

The sound of a big engine breathing in is almost as nice as one breathing out :lol:

I know what you mean about drone - my car drones like hell...but my exhaust is dumped right about under the rear seats :D . When you gonna take her to the track!? Chargers are fat lil bastards but that hemi sure does push them nicely :lol:

Yeah, the drone is very bad when my 5.7l decides to run on 4 cylinders. The only track I know of that lets people that arent racing use once in awhile is SIR (Seattle International Raceway), but I hear it is expensive to do just a few runs and that the lines are always long.

From what Ive read on LXForums.com, Charger R/T's with bolt on's are running mid 13's at around 103MPH.

those hemi's are enough to push a fully loaded 2500 down the road at a tremendous clip (wont' win the 1/4 mile but it'll get a civic after the first mile on the highway). can't imagine how nice it is to a smaller car like that.

should have done a forced air induction or cold air intake (like the new mustang). instead of dumping NO2 into the intakes it has a tank of air chilled by the AC (which is refillable) that it shoots in. supposed to work wonders on performance cars. though I've been warned about using it with the bigger dirt eating intakes of offroad trucks :(

Yeah, the drone is very bad when my 5.7l decides to run on 4 cylinders. The only track I know of that lets people that arent racing use once in awhile is SIR (Seattle International Raceway), but I hear it is expensive to do just a few runs and that the lines are always long.

From what Ive read on LXForums.com, Charger R/T's with bolt on's are running mid 13's at around 103MPH.

Its actually Pacific Raceways now, and I believe they have test and tunes quite often. My friend went to one, he said it wasnt too busy and it only costs $25-35. I went there for the highschool drags, those were good times. Too bad I drive a ranger with a 4 banger.... only 16.9 at 79mph. I live about 15 minutes away from the track so when the big dragsters are going I can hear them all the way at my house, its pretty insane.

Its actually Pacific Raceways now, and I believe they have test and tunes quite often. My friend went to one, he said it wasnt too busy and it only costs $25-35. I went there for the highschool drags, those were good times. Too bad I drive a ranger with a 4 banger.... only 16.9 at 79mph. I live about 15 minutes away from the track so when the big dragsters are going I can hear them all the way at my house, its pretty insane.

Yeah, Our house was in Monroe before we had to sell due to medical issues earlier this year. The Evergreen Speedway was 3 blocks away and the stock car races (600hp class) were super loud every Friday night.

And why would manufacturers put chrome under the hood? To add 2k to the MSRP? I am going to have someone airbrush my engine cover though, dont know what yet but ill be sure to get pics up when its done.

I am going to have someone airbrush my engine cover though, dont know what yet but ill be sure to get pics up when its done.

Just take it off :D . Those new hemis are works of art, and that huge intake looks awesome :) .

• 4 weeks later...

Hate to burst bubbles here but... That is not a cold air intake... That is pulling hot air from the inside of the engine bay. Just because there is a plastic guard around it does not mean it is sealing 100%. And even if it does seal completely, i'll be danged if you will get any cold air since from the looks of it, the air is being drawn from behind the radiator. The radiator will probably be reaching temps as high as 210 in the summer... Dont believe me? If you have one of those cool little outside temp guages, relocate it in that bay where the filter is and take a look at the readings. I bet you will see its not as cool as you think it is. A true CIA will have the filter somewhere outside the engine bay completely... IE fender well, hood scoop... etc etc

Only thing a K&N is good for is the reusability and the fact that it does flow a little bit better... Granted you dont over oil it. That leads to fauled MAF sensors and less flow than a reg. paper filter.

now that i read that, i see that a sound like an .... not my intention... just making an observation. :) nice lookin car btw. it might give my modded gt a run for its money