Finally Got To Mod My Hemi

cdoggown

SO I finally found some time to install my K&N Air Charger Cold Air Intake yesterday. I know a lot of you have done this before, but this was my first time on the first car Ive owned where I thought the upgrade was worth the expense.

The verdict? Aside from looking nice under the hood, it sounds a LOT meaner. Under heavy accelleration you can hear it take a deep breath and then it sounds like a monster. And this with the stock exhaust. I havent noticed the 21HP gain K&N guarantees, but it does feel just a little quicker, though it could be all in my head.

If any of you have an LX based vehicle, I found LXForums.com to be a great help with the mods, large and small. The community is mostly Magnum owners, but there are a few other Charger owners there, with a few 300 owners peppered in for good measure.

post-9635-1158408784_thumb.jpg

post-9635-1158408801_thumb.jpg

Edited by cdoggown

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

SO I finally found some time to install my K&N Air Charger Cold Air Intake yesterday. I know a lot of you have done this before, but this was my first time on the first car Ive owned where I thought the upgrade was worth the expense.

The verdict? Aside from looking nice under the hood, it sounds a LOT meaner. Under heavy accelleration you can hear it take a deep breath and then it sounds like a monster. And this with the stock exhaust. I havent noticed the 21HP gain K&N guarantees, but it does feel just a little quicker, though it could be all in my head.

If any of you have an LX based vehicle, I found LXForums.com to be a great help with the mods, large and small. The community is mostly Magnum owners, but there are a few other Charger owners there, with a few 300 owners peppered in for good measure.

Where are the pics!

i'd be danged if anyone gets 21hp off a cold air intake though. sure, it's K&N, but there are factors...such as how dirty the stock intake is, if the new one is placed in the right spot (not getting any/much hot air), etc. but it definitely does bring a complete different sound to any engine.

*psst* if you want it even meaner sounding take off your main catcon...if you're state aren't bastards about emissions */psst*

Editing first post to include pics. I am planning on cutting off my resonators and using a pipe and tip set from Blastin Bob's. Should add between 5 and 11 db.

Sorry about not having the pics to begin with, I figured since I had already posted pics of the car stock, and most of you had seen an intake before, it was no big deal. Though I did swap the chrome grill for a black one, not that you can see it in my amazing photographs :bah:

I'm waiting to get a cold air kit for my Ram. That coupled with the Flowmaster exhaust already on it and it will sound great from both ends.

Are you doing just a CAI or are you going to get a RAM AIR setup using a hood scoop? I was debating between the two and decided on the CAI only because a new hood is $700 not counting paint... someday maybe.

Excellent. I noticed a nice jump on my Bronco from the FIPK with throttle response. Now that you have the modified intake, just get a nice set of headers and redo the exhaust and that thing will sound like a beast and act like one too.