Should I Try/play Wow?

ClayMeow

funny story, my wife just left me over wow, i have 4 lvl 60 chars  pm me and you can play one of my account, yes i have multi,but ya anyways my wife just left me over wow this week so... its addictive

616498[/snapback]

She left you?! In what sense is that?!

I play it but I am not addicted like an hour or 2 day, no more than that....

(I played SilkRoad Online which is a FREE mmorpg and I was TRULY addicted to that. I had 70 hours in 7 days, eek! I say go for it!)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It will steal your life! lol....it's a good thing that i'm addicted to it as well as d3 or I might have thrown him out by now ;-). In all seriousness.....it's a great game..I love it...but you need time to invest in it etc.

As long as you dont piss anyone off on RP servers, you can pretty much talk about whatever you like in any chat channel regardless of the Official Blizzard Policy. You don't have to be a hardcore roleplayer to play a RP server. As long as you play it smart, you shouldn't have a problem with breaking RP rules.

I used to play on a normal PVP server. The only difference I can see is maturity and the occasional roleplay which is usually fun.

Acceptable chat on a roleplay server:

Where should I go to level once I hit level 30?

Not acceptable:

LOL! Did anyone see the new Simpsons episode?

Blizzard's examples:

Examples of appropriate conversation in the General Chat Channel:

* "Would anyone like to join a Rogue Specific SL?"

* "What happened to the Well of Eternity?"

Examples of inappropriate conversation in the General Chat Channel:

* "Did you see that new movie?"

* "My sister just bought a new car."

It's really not that different and roleplaying is definately not forced.

Edited by Instag0

MMO's SUCK!!!!!!!!!

Lol j/p, i say NO, because if your a FPS person then you shouldnt, and getting to lvl 60 takes like 3-5 months, and if yous till want to, i can sell you a wow account with 2 lvl 30s :-)

Edited by d

not to steal the thread but how many chars can you have one one acount? :huh:

It's something like 7 per server.... and you can play on as many servers as you want.... as there are something like 150 US servers, that'd be 1050 characters per account? :P At least until they add more servers. :D

------------------------------------

Anyway, to answer the question...

I've played a lot of MMORPGS. Started with UO and bounced around to EQ, AC, DAoC, AO, SB, PS, SWG, and others... I loved Ultima Online, Shadowbane, and Dark Age because of two reasons: the PVP and the RP.

PVP in WoW (non-PVP servers) is very similar to that of DAoC. Though unlike DAoC, you can flag yourself for PVP and fight in areas outside of what is designated for PVP.

WoW's PVP servers (where the fun is IMO) are a lot more like PVP in UO and Shadowbane... once you enter contested areas, you are pretty much far game. Anyone can attack anyone.... though you'd have to be an idiot with a death wish to attack me. :D

RP in WoW is there, but hard to find at times. There are dedicated 'RP Servers' but like any game, there are people that like to come and ruin the fun.

With the release of the RP-PvP I moved from Bleeding Hollow (PVP) to Maelstrom (RP-PvP), and I've rather enjoyed it. The guild I switched servers with ended up merging into a larger guild of fellow RPers, and we're looking for more people if you end up there. :) We're the Shatter Scar Clan. The website isn't that impressive. ;) Just tell them you know Kalis if you show up.

As others have said, WoW is a very addictive game. Look at the XFire profiles for Paranoid, Celtica, or myself and you could see that. :P

Im playing Guild Wars now and am having a great time. Two things made me choose it over WoW.

16 bucks a month or whatever for a game is a lot of money when we just bought our first house and are working our asses off to furnish it

and

With Guild Wars I can play for 40 mins 3 nights a week if I want and my wife doesnt flip out. Its a lot of fun, but there are so many stopping points that I dont ever HAVE to be on for an hour+.

But you all sound like you play far more games then I do, so the bottom line is... what the heck do I know?