Best Graphics Cooling?

Gr4vitas

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just orderd an x800pro, i was going to buy a different hsf than the stock one because i plan to OC. I was just wondering what you guys thuoght was the best one for that card? Also any info on cooling graphics or hsf's is apreciated :D

well my x800pro is flashed to a x800xtpe and im using a silencer on it (latest one, cant remember) and it works great. took down load to about 55

the best for graphics cooling (on order):

-mod a vapo chill hit onto it

-good watercooling

-arctic cooling (get one they are nice)

Actually, a vapo is a pain in the butt to mod to fit a gpu. A custom unit cools better than a vapo and is normally easier to mod to fit a gpu.

You mean an Arctic Silencer, right?

some people call them AC, but its the same thing

Actually, a vapo is a pain in the butt to mod to fit a gpu. A custom unit cools better than a vapo and is normally easier to mod to fit a gpu.

i was joking about the vapo chill lol. its hard enough to get it on ur cpu witout condensation.

i was joking about the vapo chill lol. its hard enough to get it on ur cpu witout condensation.

nah, it is a piece of cake to get a phase hooked up to cool a cpu. :)

Good custom air is better then water on a gpu. My 9800pro loads at 48c with the core at 440mhz...if anyone has had a temp probe on their 9800 series they know how awesome that is :lol:

Yeah, but if I remember correctly, you have some socket A monstrosity hanging off it don't you :lol:

Its just a lapped Silentboost! :lol: Other copper cpu coolers modded up should still cool better then water, only becuase waterblocks for gpus are so small that the block heats up to the point where the water wont cool it fast enough. Its still way better then stock/aftermarket air cooling, but cant compete with the mass of a decent copper cpu cooler ;)

umm speedfan works, ITE Smart Guardian (on the driver CD), Plus video temp software would work anyway. The easiest method is to just look in the driver control pannel for the card. Second it DL riviatuner and it will even keep a detailed temp graph for you.

As for a cooler, the silencers from arctic cooling get my vote, the exaust of the hot air outside of the case wins. The Fatality cooler to me is a waste of money over the reg 700cu from Zalman, and if the Thermalright V1 will actually fit the card, it cools VERY well, but it hardly fits anything so good luck there :lol:

EDIT: that new VF900 interests me greatly...(love my two CNPS 7000cu CPU coolers btw :lol:)

for some reason speedfan doesnt seem to work on mine tho?