Amd And Dell? Can It Be True?

General912

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good to hear, alot of speculation though, nothing that sounds too solid..

however, one can expect microsoft to sue somebody over it :)

(seriously, they prolly will fish up something to sue over)

and of course - go AMD!

Well, I think this would make me actually soften up on Dell a little bit, but I don't think it is ever going to happen.

597153[/snapback]

agreed, and if dell starts putting in AMD processors, this will be a major hit to intel, coarse none of this really matters to me cuz i build my systems, and only buy AMD.

Go AMD!!!!

Dell and AMD... That's like putting a McLaren Mercedes engine in a Trabant :P

597137[/snapback]

lol :lol:

Well, I think this would make me actually soften up on Dell a little bit, but I don't think it is ever going to happen.

597153[/snapback]

:withstupid: Yeah, I've always hated Dell, even moreso than other prebuilt manufacturers because they're the only ones that has been insistent on being Intel-only (plus techsupport in India blows).

Gateway used to be the same way, intel-only. Then they added AMD to their line, but like a year later, they were back to intel-only (I can only assume because of threats and increased pricing by intel). Luckily that didn't last long and they went back to supporting AMD, so I could go back to not hating them as much ;)

There have been rumors going around that AMD has been stockpiling chips so that they can fill the massive orders Dell makes on CPUs. This has gotten some resellers and distributers a bit peeved since they aren't getting their shipments and yet are still required to meet quotas.

I guess we'll find out soon enough. Until then, everything is just speculation.