Can I Help Out Here On The Forums?

hardnrg

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I gotta go with Celt on this one! Every afternoon when he's supposed to be cleaning up the forums, he'll be stopping to have tea and biscuits instead!

:P

Anyway, nrg would be a good choice to entrust with a slight amount of power.

596425[/snapback]

:withstupid: ROTFLMAO! So true on both counts!

Wow. Stupid stereotyping foreigners hes not THE queen you know :P

596430[/snapback]

so you're saying, he's not THE queen, he's just A queen? ouch

Anyways, OCC definitely needs more moderation. I've tried to do my part (behind-the-scenes) thru reporting. In the past week I've gotten one thread locked, and another two merged together. Now if I can get the SRO Player List stickied, I'll be omnipotent! Go me! :ph34r:

he didnt ask for mod powers - just to clean up the forum.

i'd love to be able to have the time for reviews... i have FULL data for reviews of the 146 and 148 opteron, photos too, but no time for full review :|

BUT... i want to just tidy the modding stores thread... it's not been updated for a while and i keep adding to it cos i keep finding new UK stores...

i'm not really after the power to ban/warn lol

i'm just after the ability to help update the stickied info :)

596367[/snapback]

nrg will be a fine addition. a vote is pointless, because at the end of the day you wont be the ones deciding - it will be the current moderators and LP i should imagine. polls are irritating for this sort of decision because there are always people who would be "jealous" that someone else is getting a chance to effectively moderate a forum.

and as for the quote about the site becoming a blog - too right, son. i petition for more on-topic posts asap.

I vote to add him onto the mod list, but what i like about this place is that most of the time you are able to express your feelings freely (atleast if its pg-13 in grammar), in some car forums ive been posting in, they will bite your head off or ban you if you abbreviate! So keep it as it is, but also add him to keep another watchfull eye on OCC.

Too much moderation here?  I couldn't DISagree more.

Not to take a shot at any current mod, as I like all of them, but I think these forums could stand a bit of an overhaul myself.  They've changed a LOT over the last year or so and I'd really like to see it back to a tech site with the -occasional- off topic post, rather than the blog site that it is today.

I'm all for some changes around here.

596491[/snapback]

I'm trying guys... we all are... I think the final call is up to Linux...

I too would like a return to more tech based... it would make a mods job much easier.

As it is now...we have to spend so much time going through politcal, love life, and drunk party threads that the main site has suffered...it just takes so much time to read through silly threads...cleaning up the cussing and member bashing

I love all of you (weally I do.. :wub: ) but I really don't care about your love and persoanl lives! :P

But I still want to help out with the tech stuff..

that wouldnt work for a few reasons

some forums sections are busier than others (fine thats not a massive problem)

some people may see a problem while another does not. the same can be said about mods. mods should have freedom of the site or threads could get out of hand if someone is absent.

some mods/members may get complacent about who moderates what...

Despite the fact that chances are good he'll make for a good moderator, I vote naye just because I don't want any more moderators. It already feels as though there's too much moderation going on, we don't need another trigger-happy person with the power to close/delete threads and ban members.

Sorry nrg, I love ya man, but I've gotta look out for the good of everybody

596485[/snapback]

I have to totally disagree with that....enough mods?...hardly...exeter is spread a bit thin I think...most of the mods are too busy to be here all the time....if at all...also...the threads that get deleated...deserve to be deleted...most of them are just examples of how the site is going down....this is after all a tech site...nothing wrong with a "lounge" area...with some offtopic threads....but come on...use good judgement and know when its just too much. There are many long time members complaining that something needs to be done...and i'm behind it all the way. I like the close family like feel we have going on here...and I dont mind at all when someone has girlfriend issues and needs advice or something like that...hell i've asked for the male's opinion before in threads...but I think its time to get back to our roots...also...the guys need help updating things like NRG said he could help do..i mean come on...when was the last time you saw a new review...the news updated etc etc....bah...GO NRG! (dont hurt me :ph34r: )

I think it's funny how everyone's "voting him in", when really their say has nothing to do with it. It's up to LP, when he shows up. All this voting in of temp mods and cyclical modding is really missing the point. There aren't that many people around here who really WANT to be mods. I mean you'll always have the people that don't think it through and just want to "have power" or "be one of the cool kids", but most people that REALLY know what a mod's job is don't want it. And of the people left, they still have to be approved by LP, if he even wants more....

I'm trying guys... we all are...  I think the final call is up to Linux...

596555[/snapback]

I hope you don't take that as a rip on you or any mods, as I think you're all doing a great job with the power that you have. The problem really is that LP is MIA and he's the one that can make some real changes around here.

I too would like a return to more tech based...  it would make a mods job much easier.

As it is now...we have to spend so much time going through politcal, love life, and drunk party threads that the main site has suffered...it just takes so much time to read through silly threads...cleaning up the cussing and member bashing

I love all of you (weally I do.. :wub:  ) but I really don't care about your love and persoanl lives! :P

But I still want to help out with the tech stuff..

596555[/snapback]

:withstupid:

honestly he diserves a chance, a man that overclocks a 2.2ghz chip to 3ghz+ is not found often

596515[/snapback]

umm the default clocks for the opteron 146 is 2.0ghz, and hes not the only one... hell mines is 24/7 prime 95 stable for my chip @ 3.0ghz.