Logitech Z-5500

czGLoRy

Ok, So i have these guys and I am very dissapointed with them, the chords are about 5' long, so obviously can't function as surround sound in a normal environment. I was wondering if there is a way I can get these guys to work properly in surround sound if Im near a corner of a normal sized bedroom? (would need something to increase length of chord

If your Z-5500's use regular speaker cable, just go out and buy a 50 or 100 foot spool of 16 guage speaker cable. If they use the RCA type of connector, buy RCA extnension cables or splice the wire and use some speaker cable to lengthen the existing cable.

If your Z-5500's use regular speaker cable, just go out and buy a 50 or 100 foot spool of 16 guage speaker cable. If they use the RCA type of connector, buy RCA extnension cables or splice the wire and use some speaker cable to lengthen the existing cable.

588115[/snapback]

:withstupid: If you've got the older hard wired 5500s, get some extensions or splice 'em. If you have the newer style just replace the cables...

I have the z5500 as well. I went to a local electronics shop and got loose wires from there and made my own. As Camaro said it you can make your own. And lilkev715 says 16 gauge is what i have as well. And the work great. Please do not buy the MOnster cables they are way too expensive.

TBH, you would enjoy it more if it was away from you in the back plus it is good for your ears as well :)

Mine are installed on the four corners of the room on the ceiling. :) It helps to drive the pigeons away during the summer as well :P

Ditto with the rest. I have the z5500's with speaker cable not RCA, and the rears have about 25'. I have the fronts mounted on the wall and the rears on the ceiling, only had to use one extension for that. Also, I have a small room too. Regardless, you should be able to extend the cables yourself. Don't knock on a great set of speakers just because its a bit more tedious to set up... ;)

just to clear this up

Z-5500 (first eddition)=bad fuse, RCA wires, you'll need a female adaptor and some rca cable, i did this with my x-530s

Z-5500-d (new edition)= regular two wire speaker cable, all you'll need is some more speaker wire and electrical tape

just to clear this up

Z-5500 (first eddition)=bad fuse, RCA wires, you'll need a female adaptor and some rca cable, i did this with my x-530s

Z-5500-d (new edition)= regular two wire speaker cable, all you'll need is some more speaker wire and electrical tape

589432[/snapback]

So, I don't know how to "make my own wire" in the slightest... If I just buy four female adapters and RCA cable extensions I can stretch these out to the corners of my tiny tiny room?

You could, but it would probably be cheaper if you spliced the wire yourself and used regularl speaker wire to extend the existing wires. Its all up to you on how much effort/work you want to do.

591590[/snapback]

Might sound dumb but I don't know how to do that... don't want to risk it