Phantom? (console)

Arkadiy

I remember this was supposed to come out some time last year I think. It was supposed to be a PC gaming system that can hook up to your tv, and you can just legally download any game you want, you did have to pay a monthly/yearly fee for having it. And the games weren't free, they just didn't cost $50, something like $10 or so....Anybody else remember this?

edit: I knew I wasn't making this up, here's the system http://www.phantom.net/

Edited by Arkadiy

I remember this was supposed to come out some time last year I think. It was supposed to be a PC gaming system that can hook up to your tv, and you can just legally download any game you want, you did have to pay a monthly/yearly fee for having it. And the games weren't free, they just didn't cost $50, something like $10 or so....Anybody else remember this?

edit: I knew I wasn't making this up, here's the system http://www.phantom.net/

584664[/snapback]

From what I can tell this is what happened:

AMD

well it woulda been one bad gaming system due to that fx-5700 card :lol:

584671[/snapback]

Its a good idea, but it really needs some hardware to back it up. I dont know what kind of massively multiplayer games anyone would be playing with 256mb ram, xp 2500, and fx5700 ultra gpu.

Im sure it can tackle most single player games on med settings with newer ones on low, but that doesnt sound like much fun.

I remember this thing from back when it was first announced. They had a thing on it in Electronic Gaming Monthly. I knew it would flop from the first sight.

586418[/snapback]

Then why is the website still up LOL

i guess their gonna always be behind or something ahahahah

Its sounds like a good concept, but the 360 has already crushed it. Plus to get any real good performence out of something like that the CPU would have to be opimized for gaming anyone could tell you an AthlonXP isnt optimized and a 5700 is nothing special.