Why Does Everyone Here Fold?

MalaX3

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i fold for the medical research, and also for the friendly competition. btw, just got another computer given to me, compaq presario 2120 with a cyrix somethin or other processor @150mhz and 24mb ram, still got to figure out a way to put a nic in it, it takes ISA, supposedly, i havent cracked the case yet, but there are no ports open on the back, might have to mod the case. ought to be worth a whole 5 ppd or somethin like that. lol.

oh and i also fold to please the llammas, they look kindly on those who do.

edt: cracked the case, the modem thats on their now takes up the ISA slot, thats gonna get replaced.

I fold to help science hopefully find cures for different virusus, diseases and cancer etc.

Edit: Heres a post from 2005 of why I fold also, and why let those unused CPU cycles just set there doing nothing. Put them to very good use!

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/?act=ST&f=38&t=46273&st=0

I went last week and had some dopplers done on my worst leg and the Vascular Doctor/Surgeon said I am a good candidate for surgery, he going to tie off vein reroute veins etc as soon as I can get a surgery date. hes the same Doctor that just took my moms Gaul Bladder out, I guess hes pretty good.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

I fold, because my comp is on all the time, and I might as well help. Also, a friends mother died of ALS (aka Lou Gerigs Disease), I dont know if folding will help find a cure for ALS, cuz I dont know what causes it, but it is definately helping some people and that makes it worth wile.

i started folding because my stepdad died a few yrs ago from alzheimers and he also had cancer.plus throught the yrs before, lost a few friends from cancer,and 1 through ALS.this yr my friends aunt was diagnosed with cancer.

plus its the right thing to do and its competitive :foldon:

i fold because of the heart disease that runs in my dads side of the familiy that might have gotten to me aswell and for helping cure cancer and other ailments of the human body, but it isnt cheap folding, try paying nearly $200 a month for electricity, for now only 2 rigs are folding of my farm and as soon as my venice finishes, shutting it down leaving my opteron to fold. then my farm will resume.

I am adding another 2800+ and a p4 2.4 this week, so I doubt that :lol:

584130[/snapback]

bah... i might have to email my dad and get him to put folding on all his home pc's and all the work ones lol... (i really should have done it when i was over there last time!)