7800 Gtx 512mb - 7th November

GlimmerMan

one question though, why would you talk to a canadian? :lol: all they do is make cards thats all :lol:

571337[/snapback]

the canadians don't make the cards... sapphire is in taiwan... ATI makes chips, ships em to sapphire who puts em on cards, and puts em in boxes with ATI's name.

also never tell a canadian all thier contry is known for is a screwed up health care system and ATI... they'll be quick to point out hockey, curling and beer (all of which are somewhat related).

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the canadians don't make the cards...  sapphire is in taiwan...  ATI makes chips, ships em to sapphire who puts em on cards, and puts em in boxes with ATI's name.

also never tell a canadian all thier contry is known for is a screwed up health care system and ATI...  they'll be quick to point out hockey, curling and beer (all of which are somewhat related).

571410[/snapback]

yeah, thats just the first thing that comes to mind.....Canada is pretty neat actually, but much different, i could care less about hockey or any other sport for that matter, beer i can appreciate :D

severed limb gets in instintaniously.. literaly. so does pretty much anything that is life threatening.. things that can wait, wait, things that cant, dont. and we dont pay for it. And if for some reason we need surgery like.. yesterday, there are also private clinics around

severed limb gets in instintaniously.. literaly. so does pretty much anything that is life threatening.. things that can wait, wait, things that cant, dont. and we dont pay for it. And if for some reason we need surgery like.. yesterday, there are also private clinics around

571524[/snapback]

but then you pay for it

the entire socialized medicine thing is that if you need a heart transplant or something like that, something that will kill you slowly if you dont get it, they put you on a waiting list or whatever.........i dont know all the ins and outs of it, but there are alot of people that die unnecessarily simply because of "the system", better to let you read it from a fellow Canadians perspective i suppose:

Several lessons can be drawn from the Canadian experience with socialized medicine.

First of all, socialized medicine, although of poor quality, is very expensive. Public health expenditures consume close to 7 per cent of the Canadian gross domestic product, and account for much of the difference between the levels of public expenditure in Canada (47 per cent of gross domestic product) and in the U.S. (37 per cent of gross domestic product). So if you do not want a large public sector, do not nationalize health.

A second lesson is the danger of political compromise. One social policy tends to lead to another. Take, for example, the introduction of hospital insurance in Canada. It encouraged doctors to send their patients to hospitals because it was cheaper to be treated there. The political solution was to nationalize the rest of the industry. Distortions from one government intervention often lead to more intervention.

A third lesson deals with the impact of egalitarianism. Socialized medicine is both a consequence and a great contributor to the idea that economic conditions should be equalized by coercion. If proponents of public health insurance are not challenged on this ground, they will win this war and many others. Showing that human inequality is both unavoidable and, within the context of equal formal rights, desirable, is a long-run project. But then, as SaintExupery wrote, "Il est vain, si l'on plante un chene, d'esperer s'abriter bientot sous son feuillage."6

Source

Edited by gravy

new reports

7800GTX 512Mb card pictured.....and yes, it is the card wearing the same HSF as the Quadro 4500 512Mb workstation card, looks like a Thermalright XP-120 flattened, i remember pics of this card floating around some months ago saying it was the upcoming 7800 Ultra......looks like those reports were actually true

http://www.mvktech.net/components/com_simp...512MB-bg-01.jpg

anyhow, looks like XFX's model will be 580/1730, higher than expected core, slightly lower memory, but obviously the memory is factory underclocked as the modules being used are rated at 900Mhz(1800Mhz DDR)

also rumored is an eVga model shipping at 600/1800

the Smasung memory modules have a good resutation of being able to overclock 100Mhz above spec.......which means, no matter which card you get, i think 600/2000 should be relatively easy

571323[/snapback]

back on topic.. That card looks fking awsome. I think evga will need to bring out ASC4 or something to cool it :D

Well Nov. 7th is only 3 days away and I am sure that the major review sites already have one in their hands and are testing with a ludicrously long NDA serving as their ball and chain.

Want to see if the higher clock and mem speed and 512MB make me justify giving my brother my GTX in addition to the one hes already getting today(birthday) so that I can pick one of these up.

I am beginning to believe that SLi is just a marketing ploy as the bleeding edge of performance gamer never really just wants two of the middle class cards and just keeps buying the latest and greatest single card solution.

when does the new xbox come out? isn't Fudo like a really good chip?

and the only reason to get sli , i think, is if you buy a really good card. 7800 GTX 512. later when you want some more power for newer games. get another at its lowered, hopefully, price.