7800 Gtx 512mb - 7th November

GlimmerMan

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the only down side to sli is that it cant overclock >< unless nvidia fixes that.

572115[/snapback]

last time i checked the new drivers did fix that, even allowing mix matched brand/speed cards to be run together in SLI

but why not go all out and SLI 2 of these cards?

572097[/snapback]

Well because most of us think of SLi as an afterthought and wait for prices to drop on their current card to justify buying another for the performance gains. but the only reason why prices drop is because the hardware is no longer the latest and greatest, thus we justify selling the old card and buying the new one hoping to someday Sli that one. It is a viscous cycle indeed.

They said brand, but I'm not sure about speed.

SLI was developed for workstation, not gaming, usage by... VooDoo, I believe. It used a cable, not a clip. It was their last attempt to keep from bankruptcy.

572181[/snapback]

that was a very different thing, SLI then was Scan Line Interleave

SLI by Nvidia is Scalable Link Interface

not the same, although the current SLI developed from the original i believe

the only down side to sli is that it cant overclock >< unless nvidia fixes that.

572115[/snapback]

hm...sorry if my englisch isnt perfect, but if i understood you right,you suppose that cards in SLI cant be OCed? right?

well...i got my 2 7800GTX OCed by using coolbits or rivatuner...works perfectly for me... as well as it worked with my 6800GTs on june,and my 2 6600GTs on march... i really dont know where the problem is....

Edited by Homer-Mix