Which Motherboard? (abit Vs. Dfi)

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

DFI vs Abit... I can hear the announcer already:

"And the Ultra-D SLAMS the Abit to the floor with voltage options, and OH MY GOD, THAT'S INDECENT! I CAN'T BELIEVE IT WOULD DO THAT WITH THE FSB! THIS IS INSANE, LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! Where are the paramedics?"

Guest Flashstar

I personally have installed two KN8 Ultras and they have been extremely reliable at stock settings. The only problems happen with overclocking, but since you are not planning on doing that I would advise you to go with the Abit motherboard. No matter what the other air heads at the OCC say, the KN8 Ultra is a good motherboard for the price. :)

I've owned 2 dfi lanparty ut boards, a msi board, and an asus board, all A64. I've gotta say DFI's the best by far. I've never used an abit board, but if you won't OC I'd recommend an asus or msi board over the abit.

I've owned 2 dfi lanparty ut boards, a msi board, and an asus board, all A64. I've gotta say DFI's the best by far. I've never used an abit board, but if you won't OC I'd recommend an asus or msi board over the abit.

571553[/snapback]

Ditto.

In the 'Dark Ages' (VIA KT-133 generation) Abit was GUILTY of using cheap sourced components (namely capacitors) on their motherboards... which in time are GUARANTEED to fail, as they did on both of my KT7's (luckily I was able to cannibalise one for the other :P), while Abit has always attempted to 'play up' to OverClockers' in general offering various features (& bundled items) their products haven't always delivered... the nForce2 Nf7-s was an exception IMHO, that chipset cooler on the AN8 is exactly the same as the unit that died on my Abit (and everyone elses I know of), hence the $30.00 you save will end up being spent on replacing the NB cooler, even though the Vantec IceberQ IS a marvelous unit... save yourself the hassle and just buy the darn DFI eh? ;)

Viva La Retro! :P

Edited by tazwegion