Which Motherboard? (abit Vs. Dfi)

Comparison : http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductCompa...&SubCategory=22

Comparison Image :

abitkn8vsdfiultrad2ps.jpg

DFI - PROS :

*can mod to support SLI (wont be using it)

*higher quality onboard sound (wont be using it)

*dual gigabit NICs (most likely wont be using it)

*DFI NF4 boards = best overclockers period (most likely wont be using it)

*PCI Express X4 slot (what uses a X4 slot?!)

DFI - CONS :

*$30 more mostly for features I won't really need

*only 2 PCI slots (I might need 3...)

ABIT - PROS :

*3 PCI slots vs. 2 (I might need 3...)

*layout (i like it more than the DFI's)

ABIT - CONS :

*the extra little features on the DFI, although they are of pretty much of no use to me, would still be kind of nice to have..... even if its just to say my motherboard supports them......

So, since I can't come to a decision myself..... I figure I might as well ask everyone here :)

btw, Hi everybody. I have been a lurker for a while now on the forums and decided since I ma planning out my next build, stuff like this is pretty important.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're planning to overclock, then the obvious choice is DFI just for the sheer number of BIOS options and rock solid stability. I know the majority opinion here is that Abit sucks balls, but if you just want to run the system at stock settings, I guess going with that option wouldn't hurt. Of course, if that were the case, then you should look at MSI's or Gigabyte's offerings instead since they make much better A64 boards than Abit

having no experiance with ABIT or DFI here, but I would go with the ABIT board first, the layout looks better because of the RAM slots, I have a MSI board and where the ram is, is identical to the ABIT board, and if you have to reseat the RAM it can be a major pain to deal with your power supply unless you have a nice roomy case. BUT DFI shouldnt be left out either, but remember, most people here OC, most of these boards are designed to run stock, course even running stock they suck.

being on my 3dfi board (not cause ne problem just dealings) i'd have to say they are absolutly amazing, u say u dont wanna oc, but would u like the ability to do it if u change ur mind? i'd get the dfi, just dont get cheap ram or cheap psu

Why do you guys turn my world up side down again?

first nVidia makes a 7800 GTX that runs 550 core with 1800 mem,

and then i find out that abit is a bad overclocker. I thought abit was made for OCing.