I Survived!

CelticaFLM

Well the first week of my CNA training is over. We've had 2 quizzes and a test every day. I have a 99 average. It's a pretty demanding class. Next week we go into a hospital and start our training there. I've already decided to go on and do the LPN class when this is over....it's a 1 year program. Yes...scary... I know....I'm going to be a nurse :ph34r::P

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do your thang! Tell those doctors to stop prescribing so many pills. 3rd leading cause of death in the U.S is an Adverse Drug Reaction. W0rd is B0rn....and I'm still a dork :-)

Sneak me some liquid moriphine

great profession just dont get into taking care off older ppl i worked for two ears doing that and was treated like crap by the kids of the ppl we were taking care of . i had to go i couldnt take become there friends and losing them over and over again

This is Greg, hes a male Nurse.

560311[/snapback]

WTH..lol

Anyway, apostolics...we are doing our clinicals in the nursing home...but I know how to deal with people. I understand where they are coming from. Most of them feel extreme guilt from putting their loved ones there to begin with....they will lash out at anyone they can....if it makes them feel better...I don't care what they say to me...I dont take it personal. I've already been treated like that when I worked in housekeeping...heck...I got treated horrible as a waitress...you become rather numb after a while. Also, I become attatched to anyone...I feel in order to be a good nurse you need to actually care about what you are doing...and who your patients are. It is a very emotionally draining job....but I believe its worth it.