Members Who Have Made A Difference

martymcfly

I didn't make anyones list :(

555632[/snapback]

It's because people are intimidated by that name of yours. I still can't believe that's wat it stood for. Wow.....

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had no idea I'd be on so many lists. You people really know how to flatter a guy! Thank you!

As for my own list...

The first person to help me here was hardnrg. When I first joined and was still feeling like a total n00b, I PMed him to ask for help with OCing my winchester, since he had had so much luck. He was awesome with all of his help, and made me feel right at home. He's helped me out more than a few times since then too.

Also, markie. He made my monitor sleepy program, which I thought was awesome. He has always been a major resource for unix/programming questions, and seems like he goes out of his way to answer quesions.

Of course, no list would be complete without red. He's got more experience with this stuff in his little finger than I'll have in my entire lifetime. He does large scale stuff, like explaining how to swap a mobo without reinstalling (even though I'd still never do that :P), or straightening the myths about the X2s out, or stomping crossfire rumors. I'll always hate him for putting all his "I'm not supposed to have this stuff yet but I do" parts in his sig though. :P Lucky bastage :P

And here's one that I don't think I've seen yet.... NEMO! Nemo's always got the answers to folding questions. He's like the pit crew that keeps OCC F@H in the top 25 :P Thanks Nemo!

That's just a few of the people that have helped me out. I'm not gonna list all the 4-5 posts a day folks, even though I should, because I KNOW I will miss some, but you guys rock. I said it yesterday and I'll say it again, this forum rocks. Thanks everyone!

I'd say pretty much all of the OCC regulars have been great, especially all the guys (and girl) that are on IRC...always a good time talking in there.

If I had to pick:

LP- wouldn't have any of this w/o him

D3

Celt

Markie- BSD god

Bigred

and many others

- LinuXProX: He gave me a chance to be part of something really big, which in turn got me a few cool toys and a free trip to Las Vegas. B) Besides that, he also taught me a thing or two about PHP/MySQL, Linux, and other stuff.

555667[/snapback]

yea I was a little surprised LP wasn't on more lists. I mean without him OCC wouldn't even exist lol.

Man... No one mentioned Kurosen??? If it wasn't for him we wouldn't have that famous n00blet phrase "Don't touch the llamas"

As for Mr. Blackcat.. I think he's an alright kid, but kinda weird

KB + Mr. Blackcat stir up an interesting vibe up in here lol.

Kurosen, MartyMcfly, Swifty, kashk5 <-- Guys backed dowon on my lanparty :( but are on my toplist of fav ppl in NYC

ok, here's my list in NO particular order

Kurosen <-- Pizza lover

MartyMcfly <-- So sarcastic! Da best!

Swifty <--- Hispanic like me

Nerm <--- Funny as hell, cool guy, cute fiance

Verran <--- One of the ppl that makes u feel at home here at OCC

BigRed <--- Funny replies torwards whiney ppl + god of all rigs

Celtica <--- Really nice person :)

bishop245 <--- Keeps this place under control

ThunderChicken <- Name had me crackin up when I 1st saw it

markiemrboo <--- One of the 1st few peeps that I learned alot

jammin <--- Providing wallpaper for my pleasure :lol:

zigen <--- Lian- Li expert!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

p8baller07...\

roadkill \

hardnrg \

allthatisman \

kobalt \ -------- (Groupe here) Helped me out with a severe issue

papa_smurf /

HyperSonicSpirit /

ccokeman /

stitch_626......../

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/Need_He...ing-t37647.html

Thanks for helping me through hard times :thumbs-up:

Best forum ever!

:thumbs-up: :thumbs-up:

Edited by silkster

Feel the love :blush::wub:

I have to say I like pretty much everyone here at OCC ...I think we've got a good bunch of people .......a good source of knowledge and humor :-)..and i've made some pretty good friends...even if I do want to smack them around every once in a while.

Definetly you marty

cchalogamer gives me the most straight up answers

bigred seems to have the most experience with alot of stuff

bionicsniper def

verran has always helped me and been nice about it

Im sure theirs others, i just kinda remember some

After much though and consideration, I have decided it would take too long to think of everyone's name on here that actually taught me something. Most of what I know today, I learned here on OCC. I think I've been able to learn something, be it important or not, from just about every member on here (except RADEON. Just playing with you! :P ). I've been a member of a few online forums in my day, and this one is by far the best. Special thanks goes out to: Bigred, one of my Bronco-loving bretheren; KB, who taught me how fun it was to be a smartass again; Nerm, who...I don't know, I just love you brother! I just can't think of everyone who has helped me out on here, there are too many. So more thanks to literally every member here on OCC, be you a n00b or a vet, I salute you *S* :thumbs-up:

Feel the love  :blush:  :wub:

555748[/snapback]

rofl...

i can't make a list... you know who you are anyway... there's just *sniff* too many *sniff* people i wuv on occ :lol:

I WUV YOU ALL!