Do You Fold?

BiPolar

Do you participate in Folding at Home?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you participate in Folding at Home?

• Yes (why?)
    • No (why not?)
    • Not yet (why not?)
    • Yes, but on hiatus (why?)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

usually i fold 24/7... at the moment i'm in a hiatus (i had to look that word up lol) because:

* i moved house and my neo2 died, so my 3200 rig is out of action

* my new rig is still being tested for total stability (long-butt 24 hour runs of occt and prime) - i don't want to create corrupted folding results...

* my axp is also out of action

usually moving house, and massive modding/builds cause the stop... but it's only a temporary thing each time, and i always come back with more folding power :)

Guest Flashstar

I just got a new computer and I paid a ton of money for it. Whenever I fold and play css, it is always kind of stuttery, so I just don't fold.

EDIT I did somewhere around 30 wu's on my old computer then quit.

Edited by Flashstar

I just got a new computer and I paid a ton of money for it. Whenever I fold and play css, it is always kind of stuttery, so I just don't fold.

EDIT I did somewhere around 30 wu's on my old computer then quit.

546589[/snapback]

I've never noticed ANY difference when folding is running, perhaps you have other problems with the setup? :closedeyes:

i was once one of OCC's most productive folding members, but i was outsourcing my folding rigs. now i have moved to the other side of the country, i can't get these machines folding again, as half the people have re-formatted.

That, and 24/7 electricity is not that cheap over here. otherwise, i try to get people folding all the time, but they seem to not understand or want to make the effort to actually read about why it does what it does. they usually have a crappy pc that gets taken to a tech who says "nah we'll delete all these files and this stupid 'sys32.dll' file...you dont need those.." and they cease to fold. it's quite annoying, but i cant force folk to do it.

I fold occasionally.

546690[/snapback]

c'mon clay! Get back to folding! We are 66 days at our current pace from passing General [M]ayhem, and then that's it. Next move up at our current pace iwll be in about 3 years. We've got some good people with some sweet rigs, no reason why part of showing them off shouldn't be pounding work units out to help fight diseases.