Do You Fold?

BiPolar

Do you participate in Folding at Home?  

79 members have voted

1. 1. Do you participate in Folding at Home?

• Yes (why?)
    • No (why not?)
    • Not yet (why not?)
    • Yes, but on hiatus (why?)

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just started folding a few days ago. Ive got about 7-10 rigs going. I secretly install it on every computer I come in contact with. Im not getting any credit for the WU's though. . . its weird, everytime I finish one it shows in the display, then I restart my computer and it tells me I have 0 again. **Shrugg** Must be why my signature doesnt work either. . .

Edited by Nodgiles

I started folding for a while but stopped because it made my computer heat up and get quite noisy, now with the A64 being so much cooler I've started folding again. Only hitting about 32-33c under 100% and it's not even that loud. :)

I'm not usually that busy on the computer, so it should kick out some pretty fast WUs.

• 3 weeks later...

Well I would say that the main reason I fold is to let my computers and their power work toward something good while im away vs just sitting there doing nothing. Plus the DNA icon (once mine shows up) is a cool bonus and the neat dynamic sigs help to make it a "competition".. And when folders compete, cancer research wins :D

As cheese man said ... :foldon:

EDIT: 3 computers folding now. :thumbs-up:

Edited by bsdmarc