7 Types Of New Windows.. Omg!

red930

ok so i was reading about the announced versions of vista a.k.a. longhorn.... now the thing i dont understand is the logicalness of this move by microsoft.... i mean a starter, home regular, home premium, and an ultra eddition. who will know what to buy. the proffesional ones seem logical with three versions. but to someone that has a little bit of knowledge in the field will be hell because they wont know which one to pick... this is the same reason i got upset with windows xp making a home and a professional eddition... wasn't a very clear distinction between ther two versions in what they had and didn't have. but now 4 versions! are they out of their mind, i think it will hurt them greatly in the area of upgrades, the avg. joe wont know what the hell to buy and so two things. they go out on their own and upgrade and then take the chance that they bought something that they are unhappy with, or to go a store like best buy and be talked into spending a loado money even if that version has a ton of stuff they dont need.

what ever happened to the times when all features were put in just one release of a peice of software, where u had peace of midn that if u needed that part of the software it would be there. ugh, .....

o yea here is the link to the story

http://arstechnica.com/news.ars/post/20050910-5298.html

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

*sigh* i miss the days where there was just one version of windows as well.. i have no freakin clue which one of those im gonna get.. prolly the home premium or w/e that one is or the 'ultimate' .. depends on the $$ aspect.. i hate having to spend even more money... *sigh*

I do agree, I think it will confuse most people. The Pro version wont be what most people are looking for but it will be hard for the average joe to choose between the Vista Homes and Ultimate.

i bet a few months after the release they will crack vista and be able to have like even the home eddition to have those game customizers and other functions from the other versions.... at least i hope so for the other guys that cant afford a $500 or so operating system.

well now that all the illeagal stuff is gone from this thread...

i think i will just stick to xp pro til i have to absolutley upgrade as it looks like the new version of windows is just going to be more bloated junk that will get in the way of doing things like ripping cd's and dvd's and converting them to smaller file sizes to carry on my mp3 players or my laptop

of course its also looking like i may say screw windows all together and just bust my butt and learn linux

So now it's illegal to post that there's gonna be a pirated version??? Not trying to piss off the mods, just trying to... ...oh nm...

Anywho, this is an odd step for MS. There were issues with the home vs. pro for WinXP, what kind of headaches is this going to cause for people? Just look at the arguments over Linux - there's a zillion different versions, and at least there are just a few for Vista.