7 Types Of New Windows.. Omg!

red930

Hooray for Micro$oft scamming people out of money.... Oh! If you're a gamer then you have to buy this super-super Extreme Windows OS for the everyday low price of $999,999,999,999,999.97. That dang CD only cost them $1.50 to make and ship.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well now that all the illeagal stuff is gone from this thread...

i think i will just stick to xp pro til i have to absolutley upgrade as it looks like the new version of windows is just going to be more bloated junk that will get in the way of doing things like ripping cd's and dvd's and converting them to smaller file sizes to carry on my mp3 players or my laptop

of course its also looking like i may say screw windows all together and just bust my butt and learn linux

543313[/snapback]

exactally.. nicely said :P

But the OS is where the true costs are.

543521[/snapback]

i kinda have to agree... i would pay those prices if reliability and security was no longer that big of an issue and they could concentrate on providing platforms for new technologies to be born into... but this is like they are taking a bunch of stuff and throwing it in as extra like they did back when the anti-trust cases were going on... only this time it is smaller programs that seem like they are integral to the overall system but really aren't.

But the OS is where the true costs are.

543521[/snapback]

Not sure if you meant it this way, but I'd say the maintenance of the OS is where the true costs are.

i kinda have to agree... i would pay those prices if reliability and security was no longer that big of an issue and they could concentrate on providing platforms for new technologies to be born into... but this is like they are taking a bunch of stuff and throwing it in as extra like they did back when the anti-trust cases were going on... only this time it is smaller programs that seem like they are integral to the overall system but really aren't.

543523[/snapback]

I won't pay those prices! Security and reliability no longer an issue? HA! There a large cost up front for the purchase of the OS license, and the likely possibility of needing more hardware just in order to run the . thing. Cash money aside, there is still the headache of putting up with new breeds of spyware and virii, non-stop "security" updates, and a massive reduction in what you're allowed to do with your own data. Other companies will now have more control over what you can do with your computer than you do.

The only reason we have so many viruses is because Windows has been a huge mainstream OS. And, unlike Mac, it's both user friendly AND powerful in the hands of the right person. Linux... well, I'm sure we all remember what happened to the TKC site.

And there are very good reasons why Windows is actually preferred by most companies over UNIX, Linux, or BSD.

From looking around at other stuff regarding this subject, I guess 7 versions isn't to horribly bad. I think it's kind of a stupid idea, but once again, they're just following what works for other people hoping it will work better for them. A lot of times, too many choices for the not-so-bright buyers isn't a good thing.

How many *commercial* versions of linux does RedHat put out? Like 4? How many version of Mac? Another 4 or 5? Non-commercial linux? 82431?

You'll probably only see the basic version on the $299 TigerDirect or Dell specials, if at all. There will be a couple of versions for home power users, and a couple for work, and the cheapest of each will make up 90% of the market.

People are gonna whine about it for a while, but the buzz will die down in a while...

well now that all the illeagal stuff is gone from this thread...

i think i will just stick to xp pro til i have to absolutley upgrade as it looks like the new version of windows is just going to be more bloated junk that will get in the way of doing things like ripping cd's and dvd's and converting them to smaller file sizes to carry on my mp3 players or my laptop

of course its also looking like i may say screw windows all together and just bust my butt and learn linux

543313[/snapback]

shoulda just deleted whole thread.

Hooray for Micro$oft scamming people out of money.... Oh! If you're a gamer then you have to buy this super-super Extreme Windows OS for the everyday low price of $999,999,999,999,999.97.
Edited by HoLoDreaM