F.e.a.r Demo Burnt Out Card

ir_cow

this is sick my freind downloaded fear demo and he burnt out his 9800pro on the frist go. that games crazy, even my 6800GT cant handle it 30fps on med settings

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem pretty demanding.

I ran it at 800x600 with 2xAA and 8XAF and it seemed a little jumpy in places.

It did actually crash out the second time I played through it.. dunno if that was due to overheating gfx.

Sticking the silencer on high if I run it again may be a good idea.

i had it set to Maximum Settings w/ my X800XT and was able to play fine... not sure what the FPS were but it was more than playable... pretty cool game but i doubt i will buy it :) I still prefer HL2

I had to set it on minimum, to keep from chugging, but this came is scary at times, like at the end of the demo in the hall,that messed with my head more than parts of the Doom 3 demo.

Guest Silenc3
i had it set to Maximum Settings w/ my X800XT and was able to play fine... not sure what the FPS were but it was more than playable... pretty cool game but i doubt i will buy it :) I still prefer HL2

526834[/snapback]

Same with me, about both being able to play at max settings and prefering hl2 :D

i played it at "high", which is what it auto detected at at 1024x768 with my 6600GT and it ran fine, you could tell it was at it's limits or near, but it ran fine...........

first time i played it i ran it high - system hardlocked, rebooted, hardlocked on post... had to clear my BIOS, re-inch my way up to 2.6Ghz, and since I changed my settings to medium I've played it several times.

the demo's kinda creepy i like it. and it's the first instance i've felt a lil under-powered with my 32-bit :)