Slr Camera

henbenley

I'm in need of an SLR camera, digital would be nice, but thats way out of my price range. I would like a few lenses to come with it, if you have them. It really needs to be pretty cheap though cause I dont have much money. So does anyone have anything?

Thanks.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

first we need features you need...

do you need this camera to last?

what features do you want?

full manual? somewhat automatic?

full on Autofocus? power winding? etc?

first we need features you need...

do you need this camera to last?

what features do you want?

full manual? somewhat automatic?

full on Autofocus? power winding? etc?

510366[/snapback]

Well I'm just starting to get into photography alot more and the camera does need to last. I really dont know what features I was, but I dont want something super complicated. I dont really want autofocusing so that I have more control over it. So other than that I really dont know what features that I need/want.

i know it sounds like a lot of money, but the D-SLR's are the best way to go for cost effectiveness IMO. developing film can be costly in the long run to learn with, as i found out!

I recently forked out for a Digital Rebel XT plus an 18-55mm canon lens bundled for

Money is the only problem. I'm only 16 and dont have loads of cash to spend, but whenever I start digging up some cash this looks like what I'll be getting, unless someone thinks otherwise.

- Canon Digital Rebel XT Kit

Then I'm going to need to get a nice bag for it, cause I dont want it getting messed up. I dont want it to look like its a camera bag tthough. I liked the crumpler bags that hardnrg was looking at, but the prices were almost $100. It would be nice if the bag could hold my mp3 player too, but thats not necessary. Anyone got suggestions on a bag then?

Eventually I'll be getting more lenses for it, but that can come later cause I'll be spending every last penny to get this stuff.

we have a british company that makes excellent SLR bags - "CCS" is the brand name and my bag was about $50 and could probably protect the camera after a 10' drop easily. however, it looks like an SLR bag :(

and WOW that is a crazy-assed cheap price!!!! my advice is to get the black body though, as it is the same colour as all the lenses and looks less flashy if you see what I mean.

here's an average sample from my DR XT

700k+ 8mp image reduced to 75%

Thats one awesome picture. Now I cant wait to get this camera and start taking pictures. I tried doing some pictures like that with my Powershot A40, but lets just say it didnt work out too well.

That site has some sweet prices on that stuff, so I might actually be able to afford it soon (if people buy my stuff in my for sale thread). I was thinking about the black one, but its $40 more, but I really like the looks of it, so I may end up going with it.

I dont want to spend too much money on a bag, but I also know that I should spend a decent amount and get a nice bag that will protect this thing. Right now I'm trying to find a decent bag that doesnt look like crap and will actually protect the thing too.

well, i'm glad you think so :) i work hard to take nice photos - occasionally I get recognised and people use my work. Just goes to show that a decent camera, a careful eye and a steady hand can go a long way, eh?

my only secret weapon is good lighting.

I'm gonna add these three things to the list unless, someone gives me reason to get something else.

- 1gb Compact Flash Card

- CF Card Reader

Then maybe this case: Crumpler

EDIT: Silverfox: Do you have deviantart or some other place that you post your pictures? I like them and just wanted to check them out if you have an album somewhere. Thanks for all the help you've given me.