My Command Center

Verran

you you'll do alot of sleeping for the first few days at least. I had ACL Reconstruction Surgery and although the surgery went great, i had about 6 months of rehab. before that i had a clean record too haha. stupid football injury. all well. good luck w/ the surgery and stuff man. :)

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know how sitting around can be. I'm finally back up on my feet without even the use of a crutch or anything... it's tough. and it only gets worse the longer you sit there.

but at least the hardest part is behind you. now it's only uphill

btw CNUco2007 I had that too. ortho 7 times now, and they botched the last one. ended up having to have the whole knee opened up and have the meniscus cut and reshaped. talk about fun :( and staying home with two little ones jumping on you all the time while you're on the couch... I almost wanted to go back to work

First person I've heard of whose had cancer in their foot.

I bet you feel really unlucky for that.

Then again, you could get it in much worse places.

Hope you enjoy your recovery.. and 7 days without a computer! Don't know if I would survive either.

508908[/snapback]

wide excision of rodent ulcer? or basal cell carcinoma thingy? they are the 'best' form of cancer to get as they rarely tend to spread in to secondary cancer. sorry to hear you gotta have the plastic surgery tho - skin grafts are nasty :( although no form of cancer is best, but so long as it is benign, you're cool. glad the computed tomography scans and stuff were clear!

and ganglion thingys are a build up of synovistic fluids around the nerve endings on the tendon sheath which swells the nerves and makes them painful and lumpyness.

hooray to being well and healthy. the worst can happen to the best of us - we should all be grateful sometimes.

wide excision of rodent ulcer? or basal cell carcinoma thingy? they are the 'best' form of cancer to get as they rarely tend to spread in to secondary cancer. sorry to hear you gotta have the plastic surgery tho - skin grafts are nasty :( although no form of cancer is best, but so long as it is benign, you're cool. glad the computed tomography scans and stuff were clear!

and ganglion thingys are a build up of synovistic fluids around the nerve endings on the tendon sheath which swells the nerves and makes them painful and lumpyness.

hooray to being well and healthy. the worst can happen to the best of us - we should all be grateful sometimes.

509429[/snapback]

It's a malignant melanoma. They scared the crap outta me by telling me how nasty and aggressive that kind can be, but since then all the scans and biopsies have showed up negative. So far I've just had tons of good news!

oh shlt, dang i didnt know u had cancer. first time of hearing about cancer in the foot, especially melanoma. best of wishes to get that removed without any problems especially in the long run.

It sucks to be bedridden for any amount of time, but it seems you already know that you are pretty lucky - as you stated the foot is a pretty safe distance from major organs , and you could have been much worst off . With tests showing up negative, after your healing phase is through you'll still have your health(and OCC ;)), and from what you said it seems like it was a "coincidental" thing caused by a foriegn object, so once its gone you shouldnt have any worries of a recurrence. Good luck and have a speedy recovery!

• 2 weeks later...

Surgery Update!!! :P

I went in last friday for the plastic surgery (skin graft). I went in today to have the doctor take a look at it, and got a lot more really good news. First of all, I've been wearing this "pump" thing on my foot for about two weeks. It's like a sponge on the wound that's hooked up to a little pump that sucks all the blood and grossness away from the wound, as well as keeps blood flow going right to the surface. All in all, I've heard this thing severely reduces recovery times, but when they told me I was gonna have to carry this "purse" that had the pump in it 24/7, I tended to focus on that. The thing was by no means silent, and had air tubing running all over the place, and had to be plugged in all the time. So yeah, a real pain in the ... But, they took that off today so I'm a free of that annoyance once again.

Also, they said the graft is healing very nicely, and I should be able to start putting weight on it in about a week, and should be off the crutches all together about a month after that. I'm looking forward to that, because once I'm able, my folks are taking the fam to NYC. I love that city. It was my pick :P But I have to give it more time than normal, because NYC is definately a walking city, and I'd hate to have a problem while I'm there.

So yeah, just wanted to keep you guys updated, and share some more pictures. My grandmother got me a 5mp Olympus so I can document all of this stuff, which was awesome! (expect many new rig pics when I'm healthy, just because I don't have to borrow cameras anymore :P)

My hospitol bed setup (the whole room)

BedFar.jpg

My hospitol bed again (closer)

BedClose.jpg

From here down is a "view at your own risk" area. They're really not that bad at all, but it's a lot of stitches and such, so I figured I'd give fair warning.

My mom, the hot doctor, and the hot nurse looking at my foot. Notice the manditory "X" on my ankle, as if they couldn't figure out which one had the huge hole in it :P (They have to do that cuz some doc took the wrong foot off or something once :) )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Bredin/MomandDr.jpg

Close up of the reconstruction of my foot (The "V" shaped incision all the way down my foot was so that they could make a "V" shaped incision, then stitch it tight into more of a "Y" and have extra skin to move up to cover the part of my foot that I walk on. That way I'd have the tougher "foot" skin to walk on, and the lighter "leg" skin to cover the part I don't. I found it rather interesting.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v635/Bredin/Skingraft.jpg