Fileserver

galla2k4eva

Well, they should be on the same network as your other computers....

Like my home server is 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.2 and 10.0.0.3 ... my big computer is 10.0.0.251 .... my laptop is 10.0.0.248 etc etc

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have a network yet =/ and when I network them I wont be using a hub of anything, just a direct connection.

514255[/snapback]

Well if you don't have a network..... then..... it's quite normal that trying to do anything over a network isn't going to work?! :blush:

A direct connection using a crossover cable between two computers is fine.

EDIT: maybe I have misunderstood what you're trying to do? You've managed to install it on your own computer or what?

I managed to install it in VMware but I dont know what IPs to put int eh boxes on the network configuration.

514266[/snapback]

Ooooh. Well in that case you'd probably want to enable internet connection sharing on your Windows computer and then use DHCP in FreeBSD. Like in /etc/rc.conf..

ifconfig_fxp0="DHCP"

Where fxp1 should be replaced with the name of your network interface. Under VMware is should be lnc0.

hmm after messing with that and it not working I changed VMware's network adapter to a NAT adapter and it works fine =D

514288[/snapback]

Ahhh lol. It looks like mine automatically did that when I installed it. Good catch :)

Lots of stuff downloading for the cvsup install.

Now its checking a lot of things =|

514293[/snapback]

That's pretty normal :lol: a lot of the ports will have been updated since 4.11 :P It'll be all the updates since..... the 8th of Jan apparently :)