Fileserver

galla2k4eva

I got upgraded a while ago its great, over the past year my connection speed has doubled! Burned I'll try it now.

517516[/snapback]

:D I didn't think I would be able to get the upgrade because I live kinda... near that 6km limit thing.

Wellllll it's 5:40PM now and you posted at 04:25PM according to the forums soooo.... is it working? :)

markie=

keep that guide on your site I will try it next week when I get my retro project under control  :D

517519[/snapback]

I wasn't intending on getting rid of it, it's just not listed in the index (yet) is all :) I expect I will get PM's from you when you're trying to do it so.... ;)

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

=/ Hmm this sucks, that didn't work either, neither card would connect. Works on my main computer doing same thing, using same cable and modem.

517792[/snapback]

I knew it! don't blame BSD so easily next time  :D

517814[/snapback]

I'm still willing to help if you want to give BSD a second chance here. (my internet died getting a wrong DNS address all night yesterday so.. that's why I didn't reply straight away :( )

heres something good to know when that happens, go to your router or computer settings and put in 4.2.2.2 in the dns server box, that is verizon's dns server and they almost never go down.

Well BSD is still on so I may as well. Any ideas what the problem is? Think its the hardware?

EDIT: Posted at the same time there, I don't have a router, if I put that in how do I get the rest of the numbers? or do I not have to put them in?

When I say the other boxes I mean HERE

Edited by galla2k4eva

Well BSD is still on so I may as well. Any ideas what the problem is? Think its the hardware?

EDIT: Posted at the same time there, I don't have a router, if I put that in how do I get the rest of the numbers?

518136[/snapback]

It could just be that the modem has a broken DHCP implementation or something. Exactly what model modem is it, do you know?

EDIT: I think aarons post was directed at me :)

Ok. This may be a slightly tedious process and get no where... but... have to start somewhere!

First off, when you plug the cable in to the BSD box and modem does the green "PC" light on the modem light up? A solid light here should indicate a "successful connection" (carrier detect).

If you do, try running dhclient on both interfaces as before but keep an eye on that light. If there's data passing between the box and the modem it should blink.

The PC light is never solid it is always flashing, it is as we speak, it was doing the same in the bsd box. There is a separate data light and it didnt flash while it was in the bsd box doing dhclient but does on this comp.

The PC light is never solid it is always flashing, it is as we speak, it was doing the same in the bsd box. There is a separate data light and it didnt flash while it was in the bsd box doing dhclient but does on this comp.

518148[/snapback]

The data light is data between the modem and.... the outside world (apparently), so I wouldn't expect that one to be flashing on the BSD box if you can't get an IP address yet.

Always flashing, even when it isn't plugged in? When it's not plugged in to anything it shouldn't be on at all. You're not trying to plug both USB and Ethernet in at the same time here either, right?

Hmm. When you run `dhclient`, how long does it take before you're returned to a command prompt? Instantly?