Fileserver

galla2k4eva

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea it works...

same name came up...

Strange, is there any configuration to do?

519556[/snapback]

EDIT: As for having to use mysql-server instead of mysql41-server... that might be portinstall trying to be clever removing version numbers from the port names. If you ask me, that just confuses me... I would much rather it be mysql41-server, mysql50-server or whatever :)

You can do, but the default configuration is probly fine and I don't think there's a sample file to work from, sooo... you'd have to look that up in the documentation.

Other than that I think it's just a case of adding MySQL users and creating databases / tables. I assume you know how to do that much from having it installed on Windows before..?

I can do all the admin from Naviact one its up. Do I have to add it to the startup?

519562[/snapback]

Well of course, it's no different from any other server :rolleyes:

mysql_enable="YES" should be it. Have a look for the MySQL startup script in /usr/local/etc/rc.d to make sure if you want though.

Hmm.. how do I add allowed hosts?

519590[/snapback]

Figured you might be back asking that one. By default it only sets up the root account to be allowed from localhost or the boxes own hostname (.... local connections only basically). Small security measure.

I think if you log in to mysql from the console, `mysql -u root`, then execute the following:

GRANT ALL, GRANT OPTION ON *.* TO root IDENTIFIED BY 'password here';

That might do it...

EDIT: edited that SQL, needs GRANT OPTION as well apparently..