Fx-57 Has Been Released!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've actually got several chips that are still more expensive than the FX-57 in the inventory.

4 of the opteorn 875's

4 of the opteron 846's

4 of the Xeon 3.2ghz

2 of the Xeon 3.6ghz EM64T's

and an athlon 64 X2 4800+

Yeah, but those chips are either workstation chips or server chips, the fx-57 is a "gamers chip" which can also be used as a workstation chip. Anyways $1031 for a chip thats aimed at mainly gamers is insane, but you know people will still go for it, they went for the fx-55, fx-53, and fx-51 and I believe they all started at around the same price. On another note, i wonder how much it costs to produce one of these chips.

sad part is it's actually more expensive for AMD to produce a regular san diego based cpu. they actually have to take the time to lock the multiplier on them :(

on the same note, the price of these chips is about $300 more than any other FX chip at the time of release.

That just sad, i'm gonna go work @ amd and get these for what it costs to make them :P But let me guese, they are more expensive because they are .90nm tech instead of being .13 like all of the other fx's.

cost wise to actually MAKE? hell I bet you the production cost of the box made from recycled material costs more to make. it's the R and D that went into a chip like this that we're paying for.