Fx-57 Has Been Released!

Well, It looks like the fx-57 has been officially releasedAccording to this article\. In some of the reviews, it seems to hit 3.0ghz with either no voltage increase, or an increase to ~1.55. Theres about 8 reviews on it, and none seemed to really push it. One got it to 3.2ghz without any problems, I think they also used 1.55v, but nothing big yet. I cant wait to see how much the .90nm tech will improve these chips.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I read that article, and I find it awesome that amd is supporting Overclocking of the fx series. Honestly, i've seen very few fx's that are clocked at the default speed. People who buy these chips want to push them, because they know they can. For amd to officially

We asked whether all processors will be guaranteed Overclockable out of the box and were greeted with a big smile. AMD is going to provide a list of overclocking possibilities, air and non-air, some of which it will endorse, we learned.
-The Inquirer

That is pretty awesome, Although I dont want them to guarentee it, I think its great that amd is recognizing that these chips are bought to set wr's and be overclocked.

grrr.... stupid NDA... they extended it and then release the darn CPU.

well I don't think I can get in much trouble for saying that 3.0ghz is NOTHING. put a decent phase change on one of these little monsters.... the rest shall wait :)

grrr....  stupid NDA...  they extended it and then release the darn CPU.

well I don't think I can get in much trouble for saying that 3.0ghz is NOTHING.  put a decent phase change on one of these little monsters....  the rest shall wait :)

499621[/snapback]

Agreed, these places had trouble at 3ghz because they were on stock air, with wc i bet 3.3 can be done, and on phase change, 3.5+

grrr....  stupid NDA...  they extended it and then release the darn CPU.

well I don't think I can get in much trouble for saying that 3.0ghz is NOTHING.  put a decent phase change on one of these little monsters....  the rest shall wait :)

499621[/snapback]

lol, red I told you the 57 was coming out around the end of june. :P

This looks like an awesome chip, but unfortunetly I can't afford one lol.

keep going

499625[/snapback]

wow....

Nerm, I'm going to do all that I can to save the cash to buy this chip and your ps :-P Hopefully i can get a hookup and get the chip cheaper somehow.