Fx-57 Has Been Released!

because its still a gaming processor, and dual cores arent better at gaming, so they stayed single core and just pushed the *(#*$#* out of it :P Hey, remember this is the first 90nm fx, and we all know how much better 90nm oc over .13nm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because its still a gaming processor, and dual cores arent better at gaming, so they stayed single core and just pushed the *(#*$#* out of it :P  Hey, remember this is the first 90nm fx, and we all know how much better 90nm oc over .13nm

504886[/snapback]

Oh

I thought the reason was that most games don't know what to do with a second core and that slows things down.

Guest Silenc3

Did anyone else notice the review at newegg? Made me giggle

"I have my fx-57 overclocked to 13.5ghz on air cooling!! With 2 10,800 ultras in sli, 100gbs of ddr2- 5ghz ram 1-1-1-2 timings, the dfi nf4 sli-dr, 2x raptors 500gb 50,000 rpm hard drives"

Oh

I thought the reason was that most games don't know what to do with a second core and that slows things down.

504892[/snapback]

Thats one of the reasons. Most games are single threaded they dont take advantage of the second core so its a conflict.

"I have my fx-57 overclocked to 13.5ghz on air cooling!! With 2 10,800 ultras in sli, 100gbs of ddr2- 5ghz ram 1-1-1-2 timings, the dfi nf4 sli-dr, 2x raptors 500gb 50,000 rpm hard drives"

504895[/snapback]

LOL at that nub :)

504895[/snapback]

I saw that persons review trying to fool somone make a joke out of it.

lets just say it still has the 4800+ beat in most things...  but not by a whole lot.  I'm finding that the 4800+ is actually oc'n better right now.

504951[/snapback]

But the fx-57 runs 400mhz faster then the 4800+ so the fx-57 would go faster ghz wise.