Apple Sure Has Lowered Their Prices.

Ghost2520

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They feature a High-Definition driver with Tuned Port technology for an ultra-wide frequency soundstage that delivers brilliant highs and extended bass.

LOL i think they are trying to bamboozle people into buying them. This is how your typical mac buyers thought process goes:

"oh, they look cool, hm they sound complicated, $300 is a lot but if they look stylish then why not?"

but seriosuly i think they are used by some high profile DJs like qbert, but he probably got them for free.

Those are actually stage headphones. If you watch live performances on stage, you'll notice that most big name artists will have a pair of Shure headphones in their ears. I personally own the E2Cs which retail for $100, and they sound INCREDIBLE. I could not fathom the stark difference between these earphones and everything else I've tried. If the $100 sound this good (btw, I didn't pay full price, I found them for about 40% off on Amazon) then I'm pretty sure the higher end models, especially the $500 E5Cs sound even better. Of course, I'm not a rich artist who can afford something along those lines, nor would I ever want to be carrying around $500 earphones for casual use.

You may think those are overpriced, but you will be hard pressed to find another set that performs so well. Of course, you don't have to buy those, they created the lower end E2c and E3c models for a reason. I highly doubt iPods are capable of using the higher end models to their fullest use, therefore the "lower" end models are perfect on the basis of cost and functionality.

Yea I would have to agree with BionicSniper about the sound quality of those headphones, I disagree with the price though. My sister have a pair of sony ear gagging headphones, playing music sounds like Klipsch promedia ultra speakers with an Audigy 2 ZS sound card.

Only costed $50. Very well worth the price :ph34r:

Edited by silkster

$300 just for a pair of headphones? I wouldn't pay that much for headphones even if they came with a free one day pass at the Playboy mansion......ummm...welllll.....hehehe :D