Where Is A Good Place To Buy Laptops?

My parents are buying me a laptop for my graduation present, and I was wondering where a good place to buy one is. I won't need it for extensive gaming, but perhaps the occasional game. thanks in advance for any help

I hate to admit it, but Dell usually has some good deals on laptops. Personally, I'd pay a little extra and get an IBM laptop instead. Based on experience, they are much more reliable/higher quality than HP, Sony, etc.

this is another area where personal preference is the most important. most laptops are very similar since the use almost identical components, and have the same warranty.

my experience is that Dells are much better than IBM. I hate Stinkpads with a passion. I will go without a laptop before using yet another one from ibm. (off-topic gripe: WFT is up with them and not using a mouse touchpad???? that keyboard mouse sux!)

ALso, the E-Machines have been getting much better lately, and I'll throw in a recommendation for them too.

Guest Jeremy

I would also reccomend IBM, they're great and will last you a long time (unlike Dell).