Confession Time

martymcfly

i have been thinking of making a hread like this for a while. It works like this: post a computer confession of yours. Anything embarrassing, misleading, lies, etc. should be posted here.

here's mine:

I have never used an AMD machine

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dropped my 3.0 Sl6WK from 30 cm... when installing my SP94

I flipped mobo over to install the backplate.. and forgot to lock the ZIF socket :P it lived.. though it was pretty retarted

I overheated my computer twice in a month where it would shut down in the middle of a game and then because I was stupid and didn't realize overheating was the issue, I'd IMMEDIATELY turn it back on, which was very very bad, because then it'd quickly reach the overheating temperature and shut off in the middle of posting....doing this corrupted one (or more) of the system boot files and I'd have to keep trying (after letting it cool down) to go thru the scandisk which would fix the problem....but only if it completed it.....many times it would heat up before finishing and shut down. Both those overheats were due to Warcraft III at highest settings (on my old comp obviously).

Then a couple of months later, I was playing NWN and never had problems....until I opened a door to a small room and there were maybe 5 pixies that ALL cast their vine crap immediately after I queued up a bunch of spells, and after my henchmen cast stuff also. Needless to say, it was too much and that was the third and final overheating....it was never able to recover from that. I was without a computer for a month, having to do my reports in the computer lab up at college. But on the brightside, I went from a thunderbird to a athlonxp and got a new case with my first window :)

gotten so pissed that I punched a hole through my closet wall and rode my bike 7 miles straight afterwards(when the dumbass store dident take back DOA's and I got three, sent me into $450 USD of debt,only finished paying for it last month, the mobo in my sig)

oh, and I used to repair macs for my school till OCC opend my eyes :lol: