Omg I Fried It All!

Byron

OMG, i got home from work last night, and I sat down at the computer after i grabbed a dr. pepper. So I was sitting at my desk typing my paper, and I needed more room on my desk, so i set my dr. pepper on top of my computer. Well my dog came in and i wasnt in the mood for her so I got up and when i went down to grab her, i knocked my pepper into my top blowhole!!!!!! Right away i heard everything go berzerk, there is soda all over my main rig, its sticky as hell and i've still got standing soda in the bottom. I thk the only thing that survived might be my raptors, but there is no way for me to tell as of yet :-( this day sucks!!

What is dead

3500+ winnie

dfi lanparty ultra-d

512 corsair xms pro

radeon x850xt pe

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh man! that blows bigtime! Sorry to hear. Clean it all up and then let all the parts sit out and dry for a day. Maybe you will get lucky and it will all work again after that. ;)

EDIT: btw, is the dog still alive? lol

i think i remember reading that someone here regularly cleans out their computer with a hose (!) lets it dry off in the sun and then it works fine...you *might* want to try it with a mild detergent that doesnt eat metal but i would wait for more input first.

Sorry to hear that, I know how it feels, thats about all a peltier is good for I had the 226 watt on my 3.2EE and the maze 4 could not take all the change in the temp difference and antifreeze and water was everywhere one night, killed my MB and ATI 9800 AIW the RAM and Raptors and CPU survived though.

:foldon:

Edited by road-runner

With that sig rig !!! Man i'm sorry for your loss, this shouldn't happend to no one :(

Do the clean up with high grade alcohol, things like ram and drives have to work still, dont throw anything yet, clean it up as good as you can and power it up, you never know

Edited by kobalt

Ewwwwwwwww that BLOWS hardcore! As others suggested, try cleaning it off and letting it dry, and then power 'er up...ya do never know.

If that doesn't work, part the dog out for cash to replace everything...I call dibs on the liver...and maybe the tail - what kind of dog?