Creative Cooling Solutions

Guest snootywaiter

what about condensation, if its warmer in your house then it is outside, or vise versa. wouldn't that be a dangerious problem, especially if your using outside air, cause you house tempature tends to be opposite of the whethear out side.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jist run a copper pipe though the wall, put a cap on it, and fill it with water, it will freaze, and you will be left with one cold pipe. Then coil some wires around the pipe and through the computer. Its the same concept as water cooling, only with ice.

Edited by Savan

what about condensation, if its warmer in your house then it is outside, or vise versa. wouldn't that be a dangerious problem, especially if your using outside air, cause you house tempature tends to be opposite of the whethear out side.

443551[/snapback]

there wouldnt be condensation

the reason condensation happens is when water is heated into steam it floats around in the air and then lets say theres a SUDDEN drop in temperatures and it goes back to liquid.. its gonna leave condensation on the ground.. or "dew"

if you go from cold to hot.. ur bringing in pure air kuz all the moisture in the air would be liquid and on the ground and not in the air kuz its not warm enough for it to travel thru the air... so.. u got pure air.. no steam... and then to warm, still wont affect anything.. itll warm the air yes..

theres always those little silica gel packs that absorb moisture u get in beek jerky bags.. but it would have to be pretty freakin cold, and low humidity to have 0% condensation

hahahahahaha.....hmmmm I have been noticing a lot of people talking about A/C duct mod's for cooling lately (I think I may have started something :) lol). You will get a decent drop in cpu temps just ducting from your incoming case fan to your cpu if you have half way decent ambient temps. The trick to great air cooling is the ambient temp. I used to use an A/C window unit with A/C duct ran from it directly into my case blowing onto the cpu. With cold ambient temps that inparticular mod will get you about the best air cooling possible. :)

• 4 months later...

(sorry if this is considered a major bump)

Im really interested in this thread and i think that we could get a few more ideas up here..

(I know snootywaiter is banned, but lets come up with more ideas for eachother)

I was thinking about it, and you could probably get some kind of duct running from a freezer or mini-fridge and blow the cold air into the case.

dang! I killed this thread back in March and you are resurrecting it lol. j/k................ the duct from a freezer or mini-fridge idea has been done and honestly it doesn't work any better than ducting air from an A/C unit. One guy even tried ducting air from a cooler full of Dry Ice and it didn't have the results expected.

EDIT: I just now realized that this thread has my name in the subtitle hahaha.