Taking The Plunge

I'd grab the 3500+ if you can. The new 3200's arent oc'ing as much as the other ones(2.3ghz CBBID anyone?). I got a 3500+, and its also CBBID, but I have no problem running completely stable at 2600mhz and above. I keep it at [email protected] for low temps. Guess the lower ratings got a "bad" batch. Can't complain really, you pay for a certain speed, thats what you get. Anything more is extra ;). Either way, it should happily outperform that p4 in all aspects of gaming.

102fps is going well for your rig (or mine is going badly, my proc should be slightly ahead of yours gaming at stock speeds!) are you certain EVERYTHING was fully up and we're talking 16 x doo-dah and 8 x yee yaw and everything else, actually attempt to stop your gpu in it's tracks!

102fps is going well for your rig (or mine is going badly, my proc should be slightly ahead of yours gaming at stock speeds!) are you certain EVERYTHING was fully up and we're talking 16 x doo-dah and 8 x yee yaw and everything else, actually attempt to stop your gpu in it's tracks!

443825[/snapback]

Opps my bad.... it was set at 4x and 12x respectively now my fps has dropped to 72.4

what kinda score did you get?

Lol, I just KNEW you'd missed something, 59fps and thats with a "mere" socket 754 2800 and a 9700 pro, a mildly overclocked Winchester 3200 with a 9800pro would give you 110 to 120 fps under the same conditions (as far as I can tell from previous CS stress test threads), so that represents a pretty significant gaming boost I'd say.

I would wait for a few weeks though, as now that the new 754 Semprons with the 90Nm core are out and are superb oc'ers that surely will affect the price of the lower end 64 bit sckt 754 chips (like mine) and that should, theoretically have a knock on effect all the way up the chain

Edited by guzzidom

Rumor has it that any 3000+ Winnie below week 51 is supposed to be good for OC'ing. Others say that its a matter of stepping and not the week code. If I had better RAM, I am sure I could get over 2.5 with this thing.

slapnuts, you're going through the same delimma I was going through about a month ago when I upgraded from my IS7 2.8C... I'm a hardcore Intel fan, but this AMD64 totally turned me around!!! I have a winnie 3200+ and can hit over 250fsb on it (my ram actually holds me at 240fsb). Also, check out this link to see the performance difference:

http://anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2249&p=14

Honestly, you won't regret taking the plunge. Also, check my sig, I would highly recommend what I have if you plan on keeping your ram and your vid card.

You there should be a thread which needs to be sticked that has the following info.

Amd setup for non OCer's stricly gamers.

Amd setup for Ocer's

Intel setup for ocers and non ocer's

People can update that thread to replace it with new stuff that is good and stable.

What do you guys think?

You there should be a thread which needs to be sticked that has the following info.

Amd setup for non OCer's stricly gamers.

Amd setup for Ocer's

Intel setup for ocers and non ocer's

People can update that thread to replace it with new stuff that is good and stable.

What do you guys think?

446050[/snapback]

Good idea ...I second that motion

Thats what I wanted to hear Quzzidom more gaming power ...........yippie !

Glad to hear its working for you Inu Yasha I quess I'm next, but I'll wait a little bit until the price drops like some others mentioned

Edited by slapnuts