Finally...new Mod Starting

I finally got my new case in today that I'll be using for my "Frozen-Li" mod.

The case I'm using is a newly made Lian-LI PC-7 Plus. It's the same size and look as the PC-6x series, only the plus line now has a 120M intake and 120MM exhaust. All of my previous cases have been black, so I went with a change this time and picked up a silver version.

Here are the plans so far:

- Custom air-brushed graphics by me

- all stealthed drives (new thing for me)

- powder coated frame

- VapoChill LS cooling with custom matched graphics

Now...I didn't get much done tonight, but I did get started. I cut a 120MM blowhole, replaced all the stock fans with EverCool Blue LED 120MM ALU fans, and stealthed the drives. I also installed some CC tubes, which I may switch out later.

Here are some pics of the progress:

LianLi_1.JPG

LianLi_2.JPG

LianLi_3.JPG

LianLi_4.JPG

LianLi_5.JPG

vapoLS.jpg

*You'll notice one quad blue LED 120MM fan in the front intake, I actually broke a blade on one of the Evercool fans and put it in until the new one arrives. What an idiot....:rolleyes:

Stay Tuned!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I own a PC-65 myself and the first thing I did was to remove that crappy front intake foam filter/assembly bracket. It really doesnt do anything useful and it just restricts airflow more. It looks like that you will have a pretty nice rig. The only thing I don't like about the PC-7 plus is the HD bay area, I wish they used the HD cage similar in the PC-6X series.

lilkev715:

I agree with the HDD rack placement. I won't be using it though, so it really doesn't matter. I'm putting the single 74GB raptor I'll be using in a 5 1/4" bay with adapters. I'll need the room at the bottom for a pump and H20 setup, so that's why it's got to go.

sdy284:

Yeah, I use hole-saws when I'm cutting blowholes and new fan openings. After its cut, I'll take some time and file down the opening so its real smooth and no jagged edges. It's time consuming, but not near as long as cutting one with a dremel.

Does the stealthing job look okay to you guys?  It's the first time I've tried it, and I think it came out okay.

439017[/snapback]

Eh you stealthed something in those pics? I dont see any drives :S :thumbs-up:

LOL, the first 2 bays are stealthed with my CD and DVD Burner. I am real happy with the result, espcially since it was the first time I tried it.

I want to keep the front real clean and smooth, so no fan controllers or fancy stuff like that. The only other thing I plan to do for the front is replace the stock switch with a vandal illuminated switch, which should be here tomorrow.

Edited by Nuclear