I Have Given Up!

That does sound like a CPU/MC problem since we know it's not the RAM. At least we hope it's not the RAM. Remember, compatible and OC-able on one motherboard/chipset doesn't always transfer to another. But the odds are CPU or motherboard. The thing is, you don't seem to hear much about motherboards causing problems at stock or mildly OC'ed speeds, so I'm leaning towards the CPU/MC. Do any of your buddies have another board/CPU combo so that you can do the old switcheroo? You could always take a lorry to hardnrg's flat.

432521[/snapback]

Hmm yeah. I think something's faulty though, not just a compatibility issue :)

Unfortuantly I am the first of my friends to go A64, so.. no. :lol: i'd die of nrg's A64 overclock bragging I think :D

where did u get the chip from? could u RMA it?

432522[/snapback]

I'll try RMA'ing the chip I guess.

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well at least you wont wait 4 weeks for a reply (ebuyer) and then find that the reply doesnt even remotely touch your question....

i think the A64's can have their memory controllers broken easily in some extreme cases. yours might be one of those

nerm btw: its doubt :P (just raggin on ya i

432526[/snapback]

lol thanks I never even noticed when I was typing that.

BTW: markie, is your A64 a winnie? If it is then I am about 98% sure that it is the mem controller. The winnie's are known for having a weak mem controller.

well at least you wont wait 4 weeks for a reply (ebuyer) and then find that the reply doesnt even remotely touch your question....

i think the A64's can have their memory controllers broken easily in some extreme cases. yours might be one of those

432568[/snapback]

Ebuyer support that bad huh? I was considering buying something from there but... I thought against it. I never was very fond of ebuyer :)

But... I got the CPU from the same place that was messing me about with the motherboard. They must LOVE me :)

Peoples were right. 1GB of RAM does make alot of difference in games though ( back on my NF7. It's actually running at 230MHz dual channel apparently and I actually trust the stability of this :D )!

lol i'm not selling it. i'm not even in the US.

432506[/snapback]

that's right, you're not selling it... your posting it... to me... special delivery...

UK bagsies i believe! :lol:

that rly sucks. it sorta sounds like my like with my x connect and 6600 gt. my 6600 gt is in the mail and i have yet to reply to ultra about my x connect...

432604[/snapback]

Bad hardware aint fun is it :(

that's right, you're not selling it... your posting it... to me... special delivery...

UK bagsies i believe! :lol:

432608[/snapback]

:lol: what's that? nrg want's my board? might that happen to be because it's vdimm modded and you can't be arsed modding your neo2? (I wiiiin!)

if your nf 7 is still on e-bay if you want i'll put a $120 bid on it so no one else will win... and yeah, I'll second (well fith or sixth really) the opinion that It's your mem controller.

Bad hardware aint fun is it :(

:lol: what's that? nrg want's my board? might that happen to be because it's vdimm modded and you can't be arsed modding your neo2? (I wiiiin!)

432614[/snapback]

lol, wasn't talking about your mobo with it's easy-peasy lemon-squeezy volt-mod... i was referring to your cpu... and you sending it to me... free of charge... free postage too! :D

you can send me the mobo n ram too if ya like